Malfunctioning Can of Axe Body Spray Spurs Evacuation

Illustration for article titled Malfunctioning Can of Axe Body Spray Spurs Evacuation

The Seattle Fire Department recently evacuated a church and a daycare due to “cough inducing fumes” coming from a backpack in a bathroom. Fortunately, it was nothing more than a busted can of Axe body spray.

Advertisement

That’s according to MyNorthwest.com (h/t New York Daily News). Somebody spotted the bag and called 911; the fire department arrived and then called a hazmat team:

After the church building was evacuated, and a neighboring daycare, and the surrounding streets were blocked off, the team ventured into the fume-filled bathroom.

It didn’t take long, however, for the team to identify the source of the offending vapors. The can of Axe body spray was found to be malfunctioning and continuously giving off the fumes.

Advertisement

This isn’t the first time something like this has happened, either. Please do not use Axe body spray. Thank you.


Image via AP.

Senior Editor, Attic Haunter, Jezebel

Share This Story

Get our newsletter

DISCUSSION

PhyllisNefler

Malfunctioning Can of Axe Body Spray

KELLY, YOU WRITE THE BEST TRUMP NAMES.