In her continued (and, if you ask me, unnecessary) bid for relevancy, Madonna most recently pissed off Mothers Against Guns during her MDNA tour. They objected when Madge waved around some (fake) firearms onstage during a concert in Murrayfield, Scotland not 48 hours after the Colorado Dark Knight Rises shooting, also citing their own national tragedy: a 1996 shooting at Dunblaine Primary School. She had been advised to cut the guns from her show by Edinburgh police on Friday, but did not comply.
Young mom and Season 8 Bachelorette Emily Maynard picked a winner on last night's season finale of Playing Pokémon With The Hearts and/or Genitals Of People. His name is Jef Holm and he is a somewhat rubber-faced but endearing Mormon social entrepreneur who skateboards. After rejecting race car driver and Ken doll Arie Luyendyk, Emily finally introduced Jef to her six-year-old daughter Ricki and accepted his marriage proposal.
For more, I direct you to Jane, an amazing teenage girl on YouTube talking about it in the car on the way back from getting her wisdom teeth out. A few days later, Jef met Jane. If Emily and Jef's marriage is half as good as Jane's video, they will be lucky people. [ABC News, Instagram]
As it turns out, Emily Mortimer was facing very public What Does Being A Woman Mean™ questions long before starring in the gender-polarizing show The Newsroom.
After going full frontal in Nicole Holofcener's 2001 film Lovely And Amazing, says Mortimer, "a stranger came up to me and shouted, 'Got to do something about that bush, girl.' Then I got people saying, 'It was so brave of you to grow it' and 'Was it a merkin?' I had heard that it was earthy to not be that bothered, then my husband told me that actually, it wasn't that sexy."
The important question here, obviously: what is Aaron Sorkin's stance?! We wait with bated breath and personal grooming tools. [Winnipeg Free Press]
Once upon a time in New Mexico, a healthy decade or two back, Minka Kelly made a sex tape with her ex-boyfriend and now it might be coming back to bite her in the ass. The tape, currently being slobbered over in a bidding war by a gajillion tabloids, is:
shot in a semi-professional manner. The camera is secured by a tripod and hooked up to a TV monitor, so both Minka and the BF can watch the action they create. Minka is very aware of the camera.
Otay. Except for one thing: the tape, while not dated, includes two songs from Brandy's album Never Say Never, which was released a few weeks before Kelly's 18th birthday in 1998. If she was a minor, this may all be for nothing. More importantly, Brandy now dates us. Good Lord. [TMZ]
Were Margaret Meade alive today, she would have recorded in her notes that this is precisely how a bunch of teenage boys (specifically, some of the members of One Direction) react to a woman going into labor in front of them. It was a prank; she wasn't really. [Buzzfeed]
Also, the One Direction gang were recently flight attendants for charity. [MTV UK]
- Jay-Z's verse on Rick Ross's new single is about how awesome his daughter Blue Ivy is. [Bossip]
- Kris and Bruce Jenner might get a divorce. [Independent Online]
- Ditto Orlando Bloom and Miranda Kerr. [The Sun]
- The Mila Kunis and Ashton Cleftface rumors persist, especially now that there are incriminating pictures, and it's LIKE THE BUTTERFLY EFFECT, YOU GUYS (no, it's not). [Daily Mail]
- Here's Tyler Perry's heartfelt letter about writing Bobbi Kristina into a movie after the death of Whitney Houston. [The Life Files]
- Bob Dylan's newly-rediscovered 1965 guitar might sell for $1 million at auction, hopefully because, across the nation, everyone's boyfriend from freshman year of high school who was not too high to forget contributed .25 cents to the cause. [Showbiz Spy]
- Rachel Weisz says it's easy to go unnoticed on the street. [The Sun]
- Tom Cruise is buying a place in New York. [Monsters and Critics]
- Vicki Gunvalson and Alexis Bellino might get kicked off Real Housewives of Orange County. [Page Six]
- Kristen Stewart wore a great blazer and made some Kristen Stewart-y faces at the Teen Choice Awards. [Daily Mail]
- Also at the Lil' Nugget awards, Demi Lovato was snubbed by former best friend Selena Gomez in favor of Taylor Swift. You're a MEAN GIRL, Selena Gomez! [Daily Mail]
- Justin Bêëeēbo is defended against accusations of brattism leveled by CSI: Crime Scene Investigation producers by his manager Scooter Braun. [Daily Star]
- Katy Perry revealed that her third album will be "darker" than Teenage Dream. Will it be called And Then I Squirted The Contents of My Bra Angrily All Over Divorce Papers? [Capital FM]
- Florence Welch was scared when she lost her voice. [Us Weekly]
- "We were lovers in another life." —Shirley MacLaine, re: Dame Maggie Smith. It's just cruel to tease me like that. [Us Weekly]
- Prince Harry is dating this girl Cressida Bonas. He met her in Hogsmeade and they got to talking after he bought her a butterbeer. [NYDN]
- Thanks to her various financial endeavors (mostly porn and stripping, but also that loan startup, right?) Nadya "Octomom" Suleman has made enough money to no longer be on welfare. [NYDN]
- Lady Gaga took her boyfriend to meet her parents at her dad's restaurant. [The Sun]
- Weekend box office numbers for The Dark Knight Rises still haven't been released by Warner Brothers out of respect for the Colorado tragedy. [Business Recorder]
- Magic Johnson partied on Rihanna's Mediterranean party boat, the S.S. I Remember Literally Nothing About Last Night. [NYDN]
- There is a "fun and quirky" side to Larry King that we will see on his forthcoming web show, says his wife who clearly loves him enough to say that. [Page Six]
- Harvey Weinstein and Anna Wintour are planning a fundraiser for Barack Obama. And so between them both, you see, they licked the platter clean. [Page Six]