People (by which I mean humans, not the magazine) pounced on Lorde late Thursday after she posted a photo of a [positively gorgeous] bathtub with the caption, “And iiiii will always love you.” While the singer, currently in the middle of her Melodrama tour, made it fairly clear that the photo was about good old R&R (the location tag was “Day Off”), many viewers took it as a disrespectful reference to Whitney Houston’s tragic death.
Lorde quickly apologized on her Instagram stories, writing, “Extremely poorly chosen quote. I’m so sorry for offending anyone—I hadn’t even put this together I was just excited to take a bath. I’m an idiot. Love Whitney forever and ever. Sorry again.”
I believe it! Don’t you? What a weird, rude joke that would have been if she’d actually been referencing Whitney’s death.
MMA fighter Conor McGregor tried and failed to defeat a bus wayyyyy out of his weight class on Thursday night, and has now been arrested because of it. As you can see in the GIF above, McGregor (who isn’t exactly known for his ability to chill) threw a dolly “into a bus which was carrying several UFC fighters and staffers.”
Per TMZ, there were multiple injuries, and McGregor was quickly charged with “two counts of misdemeanor assault and one count of felony criminal mischief.”
His future in the UFC is “in jeopardy.”
*RACHEL MADDOW VOICE* Watch this space.
- Taylor Swift NOT Pulling a Taylor Swift, Says Taylor Swift [Gossip Cop]
- Sean Penn and Robin Wright’s son Hopper was arrested for drug possession. [Us Weekly]
- Not the point, I know, but I just don’t get the fascination with Blake Lively’s baby. [Page Six]
- I can’t stand Kathie Lee Gifford but I am always charmed by her friendship with Hoda Kotb. [Page Six]
- Jay Z and Kanye West are NO LONGER FEUDING. [Hollywood Life]