Last night was Lindsay Lohan's West End debut — she is starring in David Mamet's Speed-the-Plow opposite Richard Schiff. As legend has it, Lohan is not particularly good at remembering lines; according to a review of the show, this legend is correct.
Per a Daily Beast review titled "London Laughs at Lindsay Lohan's West End Debut" (way harsh, guys!!!), LiLo struggled with her only major speech in the production — after forgetting her lines, she was audibly prompted by someone offstage. Unfortunately, the review notes, her co-star's next line was "You have done a fantastic job!" which, like, ok that's really bad timing. The crowd laughed at that.
The review continues:
Although she was sitting staring at a book, which may or may not have contained clues, a third prompt from the wings had Lohan smirking, and she raised her hand to her heart apologetically. By now, even her serious lines were being greeted with laughter. "I know what it is to be bad, I've been bad," her character Karen emotes. More laughter.
"Oh my god, it's so embarrassing," said a woman in the crowd during an unusually long set change.
However, not all is doomed. Lindsay was apparently "charming throughout" and the reviewer described the performance as "no car crash," even though Twitter was mean about it. And also: "If Lohan can nail her lines in the coming days, this somewhat pedestrian interpretation of the Mamet classic certainly could find its stride." I BELIEVE. [The Daily Beast]
Drake got a tattoo of the prayer hands emoji, officially silencing all the fools who dare insinuate that the symbol is meant to represent a high-five. [Instagram]
More news on the love is dead front: both Amber Rose and Wiz Khalifa have accused the other of cheating. Amber believes that Wiz has been unfaithful while on tour, and Wiz believes Amber and Nick Cannon had a thing (a rumor that Nick Cannon denies). How did such a beautiful thing turn so sordid so fast? I am going to stare at Drake's calf tattoo and wish for everyone to be happy again. [TMZ]
- Beyoncé, Jay Z and Blue Ivy went to the Picasso Art Museum and blessed the artwork by peering at it contemplatively. [Bossip]
- Here is a photo of Vin Diesel wearing a large face-merkin (a beard-wig, in common parlance). Can't wait for the trend piece on these. [DListed]
- IMPORTANT LAGUNA BEACH UPDATE: here are the men of Laguna Beach as teens, compared to themselves now that they are grown-ass men. This image belongs in the Library of Congress. [ONTD]
- Kerry Washington, perfect human, cooks huge "Game of Thrones feasts." I hope this does not include that cake filled with live doves; that cake looks dangerous. [Bossip]
- Sofia Vergara says that Joe Manganiello fell in love with her after smelling the very enticing scent that wafts from her (her perfume, Sofia by Sofia Vergara). I am obsessed with this business model, which is using the public's exorbitant interest in one's relationship to sell one's wares. SELL THOSE WARES, GIRL. [E!]
- Jaden Smith tweeted, "I Love Kylie Jenner." Later, he added, "I Build Pyramids Constantly" and "Teleport To Me." Same. [Just Jared]
- Here is a video of Justin Bieber attempting ineptly to do some cook sk8board tricks. My in-house skateboarding expert (a must-have for any blogger) says that the move he is attempting is very hard. [TMZ]
Images via Getty, Instagram.