- Pregnant singer Lily Allen has announced that she has turned down multiple offers to design a maternity line, given that so many of her fans are tween girls and feels that attaching her name to getting knocked up just "wouldn't be suitable." Jaime-Lynn, are you listening? [BBC]
- Lily also opened the Harrods sale today, clad in a very non-maternity backless black dress. She told shoppers: "Unfortunately I did come in earlier for a bit of a preview so there's not much left." Oh the rich: They're so funny! [The Mirror]
- Wednesday, Giorgio Armani himself took a little stroll through his SoHo Armani Exchange store while customers were busy shopping. It's not difficult to imagine him entering and musing proudly, arms outstretched, "These are my lands." [Page Six]
- Estee Lauder, Inc: Friend to farmers! [WSJ]
- The new Fendi baguette bag bears an uncanny resemblance to the Chanel 2.55 bag. Karl Lagerfeld, incidentally, designs both Fendi and Chanel. Coincidence? [Sassybella]
- The Prada Spring 2008 print ads have the same delightfully kooky aesthetic as the Prada Spring 2008 line. [Sassybella]
- Premiere fashion trade paper WWD reports that the biggest new trend for designers is getting into the cell phone market. Seriously, where have they been? Also, why doesn't anyone want to give me a Prada phone? [WWD, sub req'd]
- Former Conde Nast CEO Steve Florio passed away yesterday due to complications from a heart attack. [WWD, sub req'd]
- I plan to spend New Year's Eve at home in my pajamas. But you know what makes sitting at home in pajamas more exciting? Wearing a full face of make-up, a la Dita von Teese. [FabSugar]
You know what I'm kind of over pregnant ladies doing? Posing nude for a magazine. Demi was first, right? Then Britney, then Christina.
It just doesn't seem original anymore. I dunno. I guess at first it was edgy, now it's like "Oh, she's pregnant. Well, now I know that isn't really a beach ball but a fetus."
Maybe it's just me though. I don't want kids, and pregnancy kind of creeps me out on a certain level. The other day my mom told me that you're prone to cavities when preggers, and this is about the 88th bad thing I've heard that happens to you while pregnant.
Now, let's see someone posing for a magazine with their aborted fetus. That's a cover for the ages, right there. It would also be the last issue that magazine ever publishes.