Precocious and sexually curious 14-year-olds of the '90s will be thrilled to hear that Kiernan Shipka will be starring as prima ballerina and brotherfucker (SPOILER) Cathy Dollanganger in the Lifetime remake of V.C. Andrews' Flowers in The Attic. Perfect! Sorry, Kristy Swanson. First Buffy, now this.
Mason Dye has been cast as Chris, and Heather Graham and Ellen Burstyn have already signed on to play the mom and the scary grandma, respectively. So sprinkle some arsenic on those doughnuts and get ready for some incestuous neo-Victorian Gothic scenery-chewing. [Deadline]
Kendrick Lamar's verse on Big Sean's "Control" has sort of done the rap version of that scene in The Godfather where the heads of the five families are executed at once. In it, he slams Jermaine Cole, Big K.R.I.T., Wale, Pusha T, Meek Mill, A$AP Rocky, Drake, Big Sean, Jay Electron', Tyler, Mac Miller, and anyone else who might be offended by Kendrick proclaiming he's the King of New York.
Other rappers like Joe Budden, Busta Rhymes, Lupe Fiasco and Renowned Television Actor Ice-T have also weighed in. Oh, and Missy Elliot thanked Kendrick for shaking shit up, because she's a boss like that. This was probs the best response:
Also this, still from Diddy, who is attempting to drag Jay Z into this fray. [TMZ]
Zomg, Lindsay Lohan is going to be on Eastbound and Down! As Kenny Powers' grown-up daughter! I totally can see her killing that. [TMZ]
NBA player Ryan Anderson has released a statement regarding the suicide of his girlfriend, former Bachelor contestant Gia Allemand, who died yesterday from injuries incurred from hanging herself on Monday. She was 29.
"I'm deeply grateful for all the love and support we have received from family, friends and fans," says Anderson. "Gia was the most beautiful person I knew inside and out and she always smiled and made everyone else around her smile."
"She had such an amazing impact on my life and anyone that knew her was blessed. All I have left is to cherish those memories we made together and help perpetuate the many values, faith and love that we shared."
- Rod Stewart is being sued by the personal trainer that I guess he has. [TMZ]
- WWE wrestler Darren Young came out as gay. [TMZ]
- Nicki Minaj did kind of a Marie Antoinette-meets-80s-prom thing for her perfume ad. [People]
- Ashley Tisdale's fiance Christopher French is a "dark bad boy" who TOTES talks back to teachers and infamously made out during all of Ice Age 2 in the theater. [Us Weekly]
- Amber Heard is bisexual and proud. [NYDN]
- Here is the handwritten track listing for Justin Timberlake's upcoming album the 20/20 Experience, which unfortunately does not appear to feature that louche and feral Barbara Walters. [E!]
- Here's Gwyneth Paltrow jumping around in a gluten-free bikini. [E!]
- Is Jennifer Aniston hot? Is Jennifer Aniston not? No presh but I'm going to stop breathing until you guys tell me. [Us Weekly]
- Derek Jeter walked around with his supermodel girlfriend Hannah Davis and her giant possibly-engagement ring made of garbage. JK DIAMOND. [NYDN]
- Lauren and Andrew Silverman of Simon Cowell adulterous fame have settled their divorce papers so now we never have to think about Simon Cowell having sex, ever again. [NYDN]
- Oprah's RacistHandbagSwissGate had something to do with a communications breakdown over whether the bag was reserved for Jennifer Aniston, or something? Let's face it, guys, that bag is hideous. [NYDN]
- Kate Bosworth's "country-style wedding" to Michael Polish is this month. [Page Six]
- Whoa, Robin Wright is dating Ben Foster? Weird. "Courtney Love was making out with a mystery man,” said a spy. “They were smoking on the couches by the elevators. He threw his cigarette on the carpet and stamped it out." And the world makes sense again. [Page Six]
- A Teen Mom 3er named Mackenzie Douthit is pregnant with her third kid. [Us Weekly]
- Kim Kardashian came out of hiding and didn't see her shadow so we have six more weeks of not giving a fuck. [TMZ]
- Confirmed: Will Arnett is dating Katie Lee (ex-wife of Billy Joel) and that's... odd. [People]