- 24 star Kiefer Sutherland is in the slammer! The actor will serve 48 days in Glendale City Jail for his DUI conviction, which means he'll be there for his birthday, Christmas and New Year's Eve. Keep your head up, Kiefer! [TMZ]
- Also booked on DUI charges, with the LAPD: Vivica A. Fox. She was at the police station for 20 minutes. People! Do not drink and drive! [TMZ]
- John Mayer exchanged numbers with Ricki Lake at a party Tuesday, saying, "I've had a crush on you for two years." Uh, since she's been real thin, you mean? [Page Six]
- In 1989, when Anjelica Huston found out that Jack Nicholson had gotten Rebecca Broussard pregnant, Jack says she "[came] down to my job and beat the hell out of me. She really beat me up, I tell you. Anjelica can punch!" [Page Six]
- Her Royal Highness The Queen of England attended a charity event at which Joan Rivers took the stage and cursed "13 times in seven minutes." Goodness! [Page Six]
- Lance Armstrong and Sheryl Crow had dinner together?!? Amicable! [Page Six]
- Ryan Phillippe and Aussie actress Abbie Cornish are a real couple. They supposedly had a fling while filming a movie together (ending Ryan's seven year marriage to Reese Witherspoon) though Abbie denied it at the time. But photographs of her hanging out with his kids are out, making them official. Awkward! [Gatecrasher]
- Greek shipping heir Stavros Niarchos and hotelier Vikram Chatwal "fell" into the pool of a hotel in Beverly Hills while playing with a dog recently. Vikram had to get stitches, but when he came out of the hospital, Stavros toasted him with a cocktail called the Salty Dog. Oh, to be an international playboy. [Page Six]
- Blind item! "Which velvet-voiced crooner with a famous parent is using his new fame to stock his bed with young lovelies - every time his wife is out of town?" [Gatecrasher, last item]
- In Russia in 2000, Actor Laurence Fishburne got super stoned and then rode a motorcycle with starchitect Frank Gehry on the back; Fishburne thought he was losing control of the bike, freaked out and nearly killed them both. High times! [Rush & Molloy]
- Jay-Z's contract as Universal Music label executive may not be renewed. 99 problems... [Rush & Molloy]
- Meanwhile, Jay celebrated his 38th birthday in Paris with Beyoncé. Le Gangster Américain! [People]
- At an awards event, Jodi Foster said she was a "gentleman" and a "professional" who is also "nutty as a fruitcake." No arguments here. [Rush & Molloy]
- Are Britney and Paris feuding? Apparently Brit write a nasty note to Paris, saying they'd heard rumors of a new sex tape scandal, and that if Paris continues to be rude to people, the footage will be leaked online. Paris allegedly laughed when she got the letter and called it "crap." [MSNBC]
- Nicole Richie was granted a leave of absence from her court-mandated anto-drinking program: The program suggested she discontinue because they are worried for her safety. But Nic's rep says they offer that option to anyone and she's not receiving special treatment. Sure, sure. [People]
- Emma "Baby Spice" Bunton says she's having so much fun being on tour with the Spice Girls and gets so worked up on stage that she "forgets the lyrics." Baby, whenever you don't know what to say, just shout "Gul Powah!" [People]
If the holidays go wrong for me this year, at least it's guaranteed someone will have a worse Christmas than me. Thanks, Keefie.
Oh, and Jodie Foster publicly thanked her partner, too, which she's never done before. Apparently that's big. My (lesbian) friend was downright giddy about. Yay.
@Nicolars: Good one. I can't see his wife having the good sense to leave his squealing ass though (if true). I'd love to love his song, but his voice. And the fact he hangs out w/ 50 just bothers me.