- Kate Moss: Looks sexy in new Donna Karan ads. Donna Karan: Guest judge on Project Runway tonight. That is all. [WWD, 1st item]
- "My mother always said it was a good thing I went into fashion because it proved I didn't have any great expectations of myself, and she was right. I haven't made an empire with my name on it. I don't go around calling myself an artist. If anything, I'm a whore. I go wherever they pay me," Karl Lagerfeld. But surely you did that H&M collection for the art, right Karl? [Vogue UK]
- Lily Allen, Rinko Kikuchi, Charlotte Casiraghi, Natalie Imbruglia, Thandie Newton, Claudia Schiffer and Emma Watson are all expected to attend the Chanel pre-fall collection in London tomorrow. Wait: Natalie Imbruglia is still around? Remember when she dated David Schwimmer? [WWD, 1st item]
- "I think of advertisers as investors investing in my vision, and it's hard not to take people who don't support your magazine in a different breath. I run a fashion-entertainment magazine, where it's not church and state. To me, it's one big church." —Marvin Scott Jarrett, editor-in-chief of Nylon. At least he's honest? [WWD, 3rd item]
- If you find yourself in New York, might we suggest skipping posing with Santa at Macy's in favor of posing with a giant swan at the Marc Jacobs store? [Fashion Week Daily]
- What? Forever21 knocked something off? For real? The full, shocking story here. [Sassybella]
- Revenue is waaaay up at Guess? No, that's not a question; remember how it's called "Guess?" [The Street]
- Ferragamo and Prada: Both planning on going public next year! Or like, eventually someday. [WSJ]
- "Customers should know the deliveries and that the store is divided by day and evening all the time. When people don't find what they are looking for very quickly, they just leave, and we don't want people to leave!" This is Domenico Dolce, weirdly/sweetly earnest, regarding the re-opening of the Dolce & Gabbana store in New York. [Fashion Week Daily]
- The Gap founders: still planning on opening a modern art museum in San Francisco. The community: apparently excited. Why? Well, we read on. It's going to be called the Contemporary Art Museum at the Presido. "CAMP" for short. Love! [WWD, sub req'd]
- Gucci: The Movie? Directed by Ridley Scott??? Don't tell Tom Ford! [WWD, 4th item]
A friend of mine is working on a coffee table book for the GAP couple - a 2-volume catalog of their artwork to be limitedly printed and given away to friends.
I'm thinking about doing the same this holiday season for my friends, only without the art and the book.