Quentin Tarantino is apparently a “huge fan” of Jennifer Lawrence. The director met with Lawrence to discuss the possibility of her portraying Daisy Domergue in his new film, The Hateful Eight. “She was just doing me a courtesy to see me, I think. She was doing Joy. She had to do all this publicity on the Hunger Games movies. There was just no fucking way in the world that she was available.”
The role ended up going to Jennifer Jason Leigh, which he was pleased about. He added, “Having said that, I’m glad I didn’t cast somebody that young. I think I absolutely positively made the right choice, as far as the ages of the characters.” [Entertainment Weekly]
Robert Downey Jr. received a very unique Christmas gift. The actor has been pardoned for past drug and weapon convictions that occurred during the 1990s. Downey was one of 91 people that California Governor Jerry Brown granted clemency for past crimes, most of them being minor drug offenses. The Iron Man star had several arrests in 1996 including one where he pulled over for speeding and found with a gun, cocaine and heroin. The pardon describes Downey’s “good conduct in the community of his residence since his release” and that the has “paid his debt to society.” [L.A. Times]
Here’s a photo of Kris Jenner, Kylie Jenner and Drake at Kris’s Christmas party. [Instagram]
- In other Drake news, he hung out with Andrea Lewis, his former castmate from Degrassi: The Next Generation. [EW]
- If anyone is sick of listening to upbeat classic Christmas songs, Miley Cyrus has released a depressing holiday tune titled, “My Sad Christmas Song.” [E!]
- Bristol Palin gave birth to her second child, a baby girl named Sailor Grace. [People]
- Eddie Redmayne and his wife Hannah Bagshawe are expecting a baby. [Gossip Cop]
- Janet Jackson is undergoing an unspecified surgery and will have to postpone her tour. :( [US Weekly]
- Carson Daly got married to his longtime fiancee, Siri Pinter. [US Weekly]
- Green Day has their own coffee now. [Grub Street]
Contact the author at email@example.com.
Images via Getty/Instagram.