- If you breathed a sigh of relief after Jake Gyllenhaal and Taylor Swift ended their confounding relationship, we have bad news for you: It wasn't over. It still isn't over ... if you count a friendly dinner as "dating."
- Yes, Swiftenhaal were spotted last night at the Nashville restaurant Bound'ry. A fellow diner reports: "They did eat. They were cordial to one another, but not affectionate." Another source adds, "There was no holding hands, but they seemed happy together. They sat next to the fireplace just chatting away." [People]
- Will Smith wants to remake Annie starring his daughter Willow Smith. [E!]
- Snooki and JWoww are shooting a pilot for a Jersey Shore spinoff. [TMZ]
- A lawyer who's representing JWoww's ex-boyfriend says, "She is talking about naked photos for publicity and to draw attention to herself and play the victim ... I never once mentioned naked pictures in my pleadings, she is trying to get people's appetites wet by using the photos and then make sure no one can get them." [Radar]
- Regis Philbin is leaving his daytime talk show, but that doesn't mean he's retiring. He's fired his agent and may be plotting a Betty White-like comeback. [Deadline]
- Samantha Harris has given birth to her second daughter, Hillary Madison Hess. [People]
- The tag line on Justin Bieber's PETA ad is "Animals Can Make U Smile." [E!]
- Eddie Cibrian's ex-wife Brandi Glanville pled not guilty to DUI charges. [TMZ]
- Jesse James' ex Janine Lindemulder says his marriage to Kat Von D won't work because, "At the end of the day Jesse is a pure narcissist – he needs to have some woman on his arm that will have people talking about him and keeping him in the spotlight - that is what he sees in Kat Von D." [Radar]
- Poor Christina Aguilera. You pass out in one stranger's bed and suddenly you've reignited a decade-old rivalry with Britney. [E!]
- George Clooney has recovered from malaria, which he contracted during a trip to Africa. He says, "This illustrates how with proper medication, the most lethal condition in Africa, can be reduced to a bad ten days instead of a death sentence." [Us]
- The Parents Television Council is calling for a federal investigation into whether or not the show Skins is child pornography. [TMZ]
- Kim Kardashian explains how she accidentally recorded a song: "Basically, Ciara came to me and was like, 'You've got to meet The-Dream,' ... I was not into doing a song. I thought, 'Everyone kind of tries that, and it doesn't really work out so well.' I talked to Kanye and my musical friends. They asked me what I do for fun, and I said, 'I go shopping, I hang out with friends.' And they said, 'We go to the studio for fun. Come have fun with us. Don't think too much about it.'" See, it could happen to the best of us! [N.Y. Mag]
- Were you aware that Cameron Diaz and Snoop Dogg went to high school together? Cam shares something else you probably didn't know: "I'm pretty sure I bought weed from him -– I had to have!" [Radar]
- Slash says he rejected a request from Glee producers to use Guns N' Roses music because, "Glee is worse than Grease and Grease is bad enough. I look at Grease now and think, 'Between High School Musical and Glee, Grease was a work of art." [Rolling Stone]
"Snooki and JWoww are shooting a pilot for a Jersey Shore spinoff."
Best news of the day.