- Ivanka Trump strikes out on her on, forging the path to independence utilized by kids with trust funds everywhere: She's designing an eponymous jewelry collection, and the pieces are rich with detail. Because nothing says, More Than Just Another Shallow Heiress! like a signature clasp that pays homage to your inlaid-coral bathroom. [WWD, sub req'd]
- Miss Universe contestants learned an old trick from the pages of the Peace Corps Diet earlier this week: Mexican tap water is cheaper than Ex-Lax, and just as effective! [WWD, 3rd item]
- Just days after solving the health care crisis, Donna Karan announced she is embarking on a new "initiative": Accessories! [WWD, sub req'd]
- Polo Ralph Lauren is raking it in, probably with those polo shirts with the gigantic rat-sized logos that are so very, very understatedly WASP. [WSJ, sub req'd]
- The new Prada cell phone sure is pretty, even if it doesn't, uh, always have a working battery. [Forbes.com]
- Manolo Blahnik is launching a blog. You can't be seriously expecting us to think up another Sex And The City joke. [Vogue UK]
All I know is I love Ivanka. Between that doc slash mocumentary that Jamie Johnson did on her, the Bloomberg girl, and a bunch of other useless trustafarians, she at least came across as smart and at least a big clued-in as to how dumb it was she was in the movie.
Plus, I once stood in line next to her, and she ordered curly fries covered in cheezey goo. LOVE.