It seems like Jessica Simpson has been pregnant for a really long time, and she's not a notoriously private person. So it's surprising there hasn't been some kind of official announcement about whether she's having a girl or a boy. She speculated early on that it was a girl, and today it looks like her mother's intuition might have been right.
Jess and her mom were recently spotted at a Los Angeles baby boutique, and a source said that she was picking out an awful lot of pink stuff. So, either she's having a girl, or she's seeking to challenge gender stereotypes by dressing her boy all in pink. You can decide for yourself which one of those options seems more likely. Still no word on exactly when we're expecting this lady baby to arrive, but there's a baby shower planned for March; so it looks like we'll have to wait at least a few more weeks. [People]
Professional weirdo David Gest is saying that everything would have been better if Michael Jackson and Whitney Houston had gotten married. He was good friends with both of them and said he knew they were meant to be:
She really loved Michael and he adored her. Michael told me they once shared a passionate kiss, and she told me she was at one time very much in love with him. I think she really wanted to marry him but, although he had a crush on her, he was too shy. Later, he confessed to me he should have made every move. If they had got together, I believe Whitney would not have done drugs or become a semi-recluse.
First of all, whoa. Second, I'm not sure Michael Jackson, a semi-recluse himself and a user of drugs so powerful that a doctor has to be in the room to give them to you, is the most obvious candidate to have kept Whitney from becoming a reclusive drug addict. [ONTD]
While Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie once pledged not to get married until everyone could get married, they seem to be backing off that promise. A while ago, Brad hinted that they would perhaps marry sometime soon, and now it looks like Angelina might be coming around to the idea too. She was asked by Extra if they're closer to getting hitched, and she smiled and said, "Maybe." She cited the kids as a reason, saying, "They figured out what marriage is now, they're old enough so now they kind of like the idea of it. But we're still convinced that half of them just want to party." Aaand let the feverish speculation about a Brangelina summer wedding begin! [Extra TV]
Jimmy Kimmel talked last night about recording a sketch with Oprah for his post-Oscars special, and he says he was totally captivated by her:
About 20 minutes in, I decided that I would give my life for Oprah. If Oprah needed my lungs, she could have both of them. She's like a magic person, she really is.
Well, that must be why she gets everything she wants no matter what, but the best part of it all is that he convinced her to say his name "the Oprah way." Looks like Jiiimmmy KIIIIMELLL can cross one thing off his bucket list. [HuffPo]
Jessica Chastain, who honestly seems like one of the most lovely people on the planet, is taking her grandmother with her as her date to the Oscars, which is adorable. But she's also made a super hardcore Oscar bet with her The Help costar Octavia Spencer:
In the very beginning we were traveling from New York to LA, it was before the Golden Globes. We're sitting there, and Octavia-–who is so humble and beautiful–-never thought she was going to win anything. I was like "Honey, you're taking it all! I bet you you're going to win the Golden Globe." She was like "Oh no, I'm not." I said "Okay, I bet you $1,000!" Octavia took the bet! Then about two minutes later I tried to get rid of the bet because I would not be able to take money from her. I felt so guilty! I felt like I set her up to give me money because she was obviously going to win! Instead we bet a spa day. So we're going to do a spa day once all this is over. That will be our bet for Oscar Sunday.
- Lindsay Lohan had her second to last check in with her judge this morning, and she got good marks. Judge Stephanie Sautner told her, "You seem to be getting your life back on track." LiLo has 14 more days of community service to do in the morgue and a few more therapy sessions, and then she'll be home free. In the meantime, she's gearing up to host SNL on March 3rd. Is it too much to hope that they work a morgue duty sketch into the evening? [Us]
- After cutting Adele's acceptance speech short at the Brit awards, causing her to flash her middle finger in frustration, the evening's host, James Corden, said he went in and apologized to her right away. He said if it'd been up to him, and not the show's producers, he never would have made her stop mid-speech. [The Sun]
- Katy Perry is going to appear as a guest star in an upcoming episode of Raising Hope. She landed the gig because Shannon Woodward, one of the show's stars, is her BFF. Surprisingly, she's playing the part of a prison guard named Rikki. I wonder if she'll be sporting her signature colorful hair or whether it's just too unbelievable that a prison guard would be that funky. [E!]
- Eww. Stephen Dorff has been sending his ex-girlfriend Leilani Dowding threatening text messages and menacing voicemails. Knock it off, Creepy McCreeperson, or you'll soon be even less famous than you already are, because you'll be in prison. [Radar]
- Well, goody goody gumdrops: Chelsea Handler and her hotelier ex-bf Andre Balazs are back on again. [Us]
- Something looks a little different about Charlize Theron's face. Can you figure out what it is? [BWE]
- If you have a spare hour and have always wanted to hear a good conversation between Amy Poehler and Jane Lynch, this is my gift to you. [Bio]
- Good news for fans of Conan O'Brien: His show has been renewed for another two years on TBS. [OMG!]
- Speaking of renewals, Chelsea Clinton has extended her deal as a correspondent for NBC. [TVNewser]
- This year's Oscars will probably be the same self-congratulatory affair it always is, but one thing will be different. Instead of coming to us live from the Kodak Theatre, the broadcast will be coming to us live from the Hollywood & Highland Center. It's taking place in the same theater as always, but they've had to change the name because Kodak filed for bankruptcy. End of an era, or something. [AP]
- Charlie Sheen's ex-wife Brooke Mueller has successfully completed rehab in Utah and is now going to be in an outpatient program in LA. [X17]
- In super depressing news, Daniel von Bargen, the actor who played Mr. Kruger in Seinfeld shot himself in the head on Monday in an attempted suicide. He survived and is now "clinging to life" in a hospital in Cincinnati. [TMZ]