Gwyneth Paltrow, the broad who once said, “I would rather die than let my kid eat Cup-a-Soup,” is doing the #FoodBankNYCChallenge. For seven days, Our Lady of GOOP will attempt to eat on a SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) budget of $29 a week.
Gwyneth was asked to participate in the challenge by friend Mario Batali who, as a member of the Food Bank for New York City board, is raising awareness to try to keep congress from further slashing food benefits.
Participants in the challenge are allowed to use coupons, but are not supposed to use donated food or food that they already had in their homes. Gwyneth’s haul actually looks reasonably healthy (please tell me about the New York City grocery store where you can buy all that for $29), but it’s hard to see how it could last you three meals a day for an entire week.
The comforting news—because I know you were worried—is that Gwyn still gets to cook her $29 food in an expensive outdoor oven, have access to the world’s best healthcare and sleep in a mansion. Still, she’s trying and I, for one, appreciate that.
HUNK BEEF: Scott Eastwood says his girlfriend cheated on him with Ashton Kutcher and that’s what broke up Ashton and Demi Moore. Appearing on Watch What Happens Live! alongside Ashton’s Two and a Half Men co-star Jon Cryer, Scott revealed, “...[Ashton] did sleep with one of my ex-girlfriends...But she was my current girlfriend at the time, so yeah...It was, I think, the catalyst that broke...him and Demi up.” HUNK BEEF! HUNK BEEF! HUNK BEEF! [E! Online]
During an appearance on Conan, Kristen Stewart admitted that she was maaaaaybe channelling Justin Bieber when she dressed as a dude in Jenny Lewis’ “Just One of the Guys” videos. “There was some Justin Bieber in there,” Conan O’Brien suggested of Stewart’s shaggy bowl cut and “Look at my dick pic” attitude. Kristen’s response: “In his dreams.” [VH1]
- Dr. Oz thinks Giuliana Rancic is “too skinny.” Okay. [US Weekly]
- Ooooooh! Nicholas Hoult and Dianna Agron smooched in Looooondon. [OK!]
- “Look, he’s got to get his head together a little bit. He needs some time on his own, as he said, to be a normal 22-year-old, which he’s gonna have,” says Simon Cowell on former One Direction member Zayn Malik. [Billboard]
- Patti Smith is headlining a fundraiser for the victims of the East Village explosion. [Page Six]
- Here’s Beyoncé and Jay Z riding in the back of a pickup truck, which, we can all agree, is very dangerous. [TMZ]
- Bethenny Frankel’s SHOCKING divorce confession: She can occasionally be mean! [Radar]
- Look, it’s not like Mischa Barton wants to sue her own mother. [People]
- Amanda Seyfried passed out cookies on an airplane, which might seem friendly if the cookie’s weren’t POISONED. (Note: the cookies weren’t poisoned.) [US Weekly]
Photos via Getty.
Contact the author at email@example.com.