- Isaiah Washington — for the love of God — please keep your mouth shut. The latest from everyone's favorite fired homophobe? That ABC lied when saying that he had gone to rehab since "there is no rehab for homophobia." (Thanks to Slut Machine for this awesome graphic.) [People]
- New studies show that domestic cats are descended from 5 female cats from the Middle East's Fertile Crescent region, approx. 100,000 years ago. Middle East? Maybe this why they coined the term 'catfight'? [BBC]
- God save the Queen! Literally! Buckingham Palace will crumble into decay unless immediate emergency repairs are made. [BBC]
- Okay it's official: Every consumer product that comes from China is fucked. [CNN]
- Today's good news for theh animals: The bald eagle is no longer considered 'endangered'. (Just in time for 4th of July!) We brim with patriotism. [CNN]
- Today's bad news for animals: Mitt Romney once strapped the family dog to the roof of the car during a trip from Boston to Ontario. [ABC News]
- How (yawn) surprising! Democratic presidential candidates are all trying to secure the African-American vote. We don't know about you, but we make no decisions 'til Al Sharpton says we can. [MSNBC]
- The legality of veganism: Now being debated in a divorce court near you! [ABC News]
- 1 U.S. casualty identified today. [DoD]
I'm not against veganism, or raising your kids vegan, but... I've heard of vegans who won't give their children breastmilk b/c it "comes from an animal".
Oookaaaay, so what nature endowed you with to nourish your kids is not as good for them as some insanely processed soy shit?