Jennifer Lawrence is currently shooting Joy with David O. Russell, the director known for being both brilliant (debateable) and a huge pain in the ass to work with (evidence here), and the two are apparently unhappy with each other, getting into a violent screaming match on Tuesday that sent bystanders for cover.
TMZ reports that the fight may have been some kind of method acting (J.Law may have just had enough of spending an entire week of trying to be a table, be a sportscar, ice cream cone), but their source reports that it was less Stanislavsky and more Jerry Springer, with Lawrence yelling at the director about the way he was directing a scene. And considering how scary she was in Silver Linings Playbook (another David O. Russell joint) when she threw shit all over the place, I'd say even if she was acting it was probably scary. Which I guess is the point? I don't know, I am no longer an actor. After a disastrous run in community theatre at the age of 20, I decided to leave that life forever. Lots of things might have changed since then.
But that's not all.The director also forbid Harvey Weinstein from entering the set when the movie executive wanted to come down to talk to Lawrence and reduced a female studio executive to tears when he yelled at her for defending someone he wanted to fire. All in all, he sounds like a really pleasant guy to work for, method acting or no. [TMZ]
To thank Instagram followers for keeping up with her, Kim Kardashian celebrated reaching 27 million fans on the popular images-of-my-lunch-sharing platform by posting a #TBT of her in a thong in London. I don't know what the two have to do with each other, but now I'm both upset that Kim has 27 million fans and am wondering whether I'm going to have to post my own racy pictures when I reach 27 million followers on Twitter (I don't use Instagram because the filters make me anxious).
Fans are responding to Kim's generosity by either thanking her for showing off her ass, demanding to know where they, too, can buy the matching thong or bra she is wearing or by favoriting the picture and then reminding Kim that she is trash and they have no respect for her. Fine, but you also don't have 27 million followers, Kris Jenner, so maybe you should stop talking trash.
That couch looks comfortable, though. Where can I get one of those?
- I know this isn't the real story, but does anyone else think that Naya Rivera's husband looks exactly like Neil Patrick Harris or is it just me? If I'm right, he joins celebrity dollangangers (lol lol) John Legend and Joseph Gordon-Levitt [E!]
- Zedd met Selena Gomez when he had the desperate urge to pee. I'm going to leave it at that because the real story is actually kind of boring, but I should have really used that as the headline and then made up a story about Selena Gomez actually only being a pee-driven hallucination. Kind of like that one girl in my high school who was Valedictorian but no one had ever actually met, so we assumed she was a hallucination brought on by the water in the drinking fountain. [Us]
- A firm believer in the "three is a trend" theory, Life&Style has declared the "butt-baring dress" the hot new thing after Tia Mowry, star of Twitches joined Margot Robbie and Rita Ora in showing off her glorious backside to the world. [L&S]
- Speaking of Twitches, how good was Wish Upon a Star? Like so good, right? #TBT
- Scarlett Johansson says there's nothing creepy or inappropriate about John Travolta. That was very clever of Scarlett — she made the statement on opposite day, signifying that it is clearly a cry for help. [Just Jared]
- Honey Boo Boo did a song, I guess? [Reality Tea]
- Uh-oh, the Giuliana Rancic backlash is coming hard. Radar has uncovered a video of Rancic asking Aziz Ansari if he can dance and then being taught a move called "Oh, that's racist!" It's probably a non-story, but expect it to be on your TVs 24/7 all weekend long as desperate entertainment anchors (including Rancic) look for something to talk about. I get it. I've written Dirt Bag on a sunday before. [Radar]
- What the fuck is a "Pinnochio butt?" [Celebitchy]
- Wendi McLendon-Covey is getting her own prank show! CONGRATULATIONS DEPUTY CLEMENTINE JOHNSON!!!! [Lainey Gossip]
- Brandi Glanville is mixing alcohol with metaphors. [Reality Tea]
Welcome to Thursday night! Here is the most terrifying video you will ever see in your entire life!
Lead image via Getty