Back in September, I received several angry emails from Patriots fans and supporters of Donald Trump (two groups of people you should only encounter in fiery depths of Satan’s butthole) after headlining a post “Tom Brady Is Dumb” in reaction to the football player’s casual endorsement of Trump for president. Yesterday, Brady (again, casually) doubled down on his support, so I will double down on my statement: Tom Brady is super fucking dumb. Oh, and football is super fucking boring.
Appearing on Boston radio show Dennis & Callahan, Brady first backed away from questions about the presidential candidate, saying, “Can I just stay out of this debate?” (Fair!)
But then he added this:
“Donald is a good friend of mine. I have known him for a long time. I support all my friends. That is what I have to say. He’s a good friend of mine. He’s always been so supportive of me — for the last 15 years, since I judged a beauty pageant for him, which was one of the very first things that I did that thought was really cool. That came along with winning the Super Bowl. He’s always invited me to play golf. I’ve always enjoyed his company.
I support all my friends in everything they do. I think it’s pretty remarkable what he’s achieved in his life. You’re going from business, kind of an incredible business man and then a TV star, and then getting into politics. It’s a pretty different career path. I think that is pretty remarkable.”
That’s cute that Donald let you judge a beauty pageant, Tom! Less cute: Trump is a bullying racist, sexist, xenophobe who will do anything to rile up his idiotic fanbase. Probably not worth supporting everything he does there, pal.
(Asked if this counted as an official endorsement, Brady declined to answer.)
(For more recent Trump/Brady news, click here.)
One Direction, a dissolving boy band that will soon fade into nothing more than a bittersweet memory, appeared on Carpool Karaoke with James Corden and Niall Horan said he’d marry Selena Gomez. Carpool Karaoke is legally binding. May the two enjoy their futures together.
Jim Halpert is looking jacked in Men’s Health.
- Jane Seymour is now Dr. Quinn, Independent Woman. [Hello!]
- More cool news from our nation’s sports heroes: Derek Jeter backed out of an underwear endorsement deal because the brand was “too gay.” [Page Six]
- Kendra Wilkinson and Hank Baskett fucked in front of their Christmas tree and now we ALL have to take that information to our graves. [US Weekly]
- Anna Duggar :(:(:( [People]
- Gwen and Blake are perfect for each other, says Adam Levine’s wife Behati Prinsloo. [People]
- Downton Abbey’s Michelle Dockery sang and performed a eulogy at fiancé John Dineen’s funeral. [VF]
- This is cute, Oscar Issac.
Contact the author at firstname.lastname@example.org.