Because Kanye West is Kanye West, it is absolutely unsurprising that he would tell the 5,000+ crowd at Atlantic City's Revel Resort about the impending Kimyelet without Kim Kardashian's knowledge, let alone her approval. The two hadn't discussed when they would tell the public, and Kim wanted to wait until she began to show, (she's only 12 weeks in), apparently 'Ye was moved to spill the beans last night because her best friend and some of his own family were present at the show. But she didn't mind, and the news quickly reverberated across our great nation.
Above, video of his announcement: "Make noise for my baby mama!"
Meanwhile, the world continues to spin; Kimye are heading to 1 Oak in Vegas tonight to stand around for awhile and then receive a six-figure check. Happy New Year and congratulations on the heretofore successful gestation of your seed. [TMZ]
Zach Gilford, otherwise known as Matt Saracen the High School Boyfriend Dreams Are Made Of from Friday Night Lights, married his girlfriend Kiele Sanchez in Napa Valley on Saturday. The two met back in 2010 while shooting an ABC pilot. During their 13-month engagement, he told the press that "[Sanchez] is the most amazing woman in the world" and that planning their nuptials was "awesome." Pause for Julie Taylor cryface. [E!]
I know "we're all God's creatures" or whatever, but urghhhhh, Charlie Sheen: he greeted the crowd at the opening of his bar in the El Ganzo hotel in Cabo on Friday by calling them "a lying bunch of faggot assholes." He later apologized: "I meant no ill will and intended to hurt no one and I apologize if I offended anyone... I meant to say maggot but I have a lisp." What a glib piece of crap. [Vulture]
Coco Austin of "Ice Loves," dedicated to making sure her Hurricane Sandy pet benefit was up to snuff, ate a dog biscuit to the dismay of her (awesome) assistant Soul Gee. [AOL]
- Lindsay Lohan is kicking off the New Year by staying home and playing Apples to Apples. [TMZ]
- Rihanna's definitely not gonna be ready to have a kid in five years, says Rihanna. [Entertainmentwise]
- A$AP Rocky is being sued by two photographers for alleged assault. [TMZ]
- Justin Bieber and his obtrusive new leg tattoo (three giant roses) took Selena Gomez to Mexico. [Daily Mail]
- Modern Family's Jesse Tyler Ferguson almost started a plane riot when his flight was late to take off. [Page Six]
- Pregnant Jessica Simpson bared her belly and made duckface on Twitter. [Twitter]
- Britney Spears' rep denies that she'll be appearing in a Bollywood movie, which is a total shame. [W.E.N.N.]
- Get your shit together, Katt Williams. [Bossip]
- Mariah Carey, Nick Cannon and Dem Babies are in Australia. Also features this nugget of awkward syntax: "If we didn't know better, we might get the feeling that Mariah is not that fun to travel with always." [Bossip]
- Lady Gaga gave up smoking weed while she was making her new album Artpop. [MTV UK]
- Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux are trying to throw us off the scent of their rumored Mexican beach wedding. [NDTV]
- Rumer Willis and her boyfriend wear a lot of leather. [Janet Charlton Hollywood]
- Ashlee Simpson swam. [People]
- Kind of old, but this picture courtesy of Neil Patrick Harris and David Burtka of their son Gideon in Christmas gear will make you die. [Us Weekly]
- Because it is basically 1986 but with fancy Future Machines, Jay McInerney and Candace Bushnell were on a plane and this happened.
I COULDN'T HELP BUT WONDER.