- Rapper and fashionisto Kanye West announced from the men's shows of Milan that he is, indeed, teaming up with LV to design some kind of shoe. To which we say: okay. [WWD via Perez Hilton]
- Personally, we'll hold out for the new Obama Air Nikes! [BlackBook]
- Now "Love Triangle" rumors are flying in the wake of model Ruslana Korshunova's suicide. Well, at least at the New York Post. [New York Post]
- Presses officially stopped. Anna Wintour wears same dress thrice in a week. [This Is London]
- Why do they persist in talking?! Brazilian model Isabela Fontana: "I wouldn't want one of my sons to be gay. It just a minimum amount of prejudice. I have many friends who are gay, and I love them to death, but I wouldn't want to have a son turn out to be gay." [Made in Brazil]
- Wal-Mart to pay 6.5 million in workers' comp. [WWD]
- Apparently "the bitchy one" has won Australia's Next Top Model. [News.com.au]
- Is this in poor taste in an election year? Not sure: JFK-inspired togs. [BlackBook]
- Gucci CEO weighs in on market challenges. [Business Week]
- Anorexic model makes happy recovery. [Telegraph]
- Is Sierra Leone the next fashion capital? [Good Magazine]
- No doy (ooh, let's bring that back!): YSL worth more now that he's dead. "The death of Yves Saint Laurent and the fact that he is not creating any more collections will definitely change some things," Didier Ludot, owner of the highly esteemed eponymous vintage boutique in Paris, told us. "It's very rare a lady would sell her vintage haute couture YSL - it's a good time to buy such pieces." [New York Magazine]
- In an apparent attempt to not sell clothes, TopShop rips off Chloe Sevigny's clothing line. [fashionista]
- Lacoste partners with Australian Open. "Lacoste is going to be part of the upcoming Australian Open. They'll provide us with over 1000 uniforms and be the apparel of the Australian Open. It will be for our officials, linespeople and the Aviva ballkids," Says my boyfriend: "I want to be one of those models, floating on air." [sassybella]
- Cavalli boosts menswear with licensing deal. [WWD]
- "Well, duh! Everyone cries at McQueen!" [fashionista]
- Michael Kors swimwear will be "integral to his design philosophy." [VogueUK]
- Retailers are abandoning boomer market for "millennials.' [WWD]
@Brigit: She has 2 sons, hence why she said son.
But yeah, she is a dumbass.
@KittenFluff: @Plum-Pie: Ain't no language barrier. I just watched the original, and what she said can be translated as both "There is a little bit of prejudice" and "I have a little bit of prejudice", so the non-committal translation there is actually perfect. By her face, I am gonna go with "I have a little bit of prejudice" though.
Also, for the lolz, her ex-husband who is a famous actor here in Brazil has as many gay rumors about him as Kevin Spacey. It is hard to find someone who doesn't think he is gay. So maybe she is just bitter, ha.