- Oh great: Valentino finally breaks down and retires, and now we have to deal with the lady-doth-protest-too-muches of Giorgio Armani who, out of the blue, has made a big announcement that he is not retiring. Now we give him one year, tops. [WWD, sub req'd]
- Best. Fashion Week quote. EVER: "She don't want nothing to do with this!," security guard at Miss Sixty show, regarding Demi Moore and Hilary Swank, to aggressive photographers. Yes. [WWD, 1st item]
- Donatella Versace is one hard-working bitch: Our favorite bleached-blonde, tanorexic cokehead Italian says she left the hospital immediately after delivering one of her two children (via Cesarean) to complete the designs on the Versace men's line. All we can think about is 1) the painkillers and 2) the hygiene? [NY Post]
- The kids? Still buying denim. And lots of it. [MediaPost]
- Alexander McQueen is teaming up with MAC to create a makeup line inspired by his Spring 2008 collection's makeup. Which was done by MAC. And which was apparently inspired by images of Cleopatra. So we're thinking they don't have to actually make anything new if they've already done this? Head. Hurting. Now. [Vogue UK]
- Ew: Why would accessories designer Lulu Guinness want Arden Wohl to be modeling her bags? [Vogue UK]
- A reality show about Elie and Rory Tahari??? But why??? [Fashion Week Daily]
MAC quit making my favorite lipstick shade ever (Miss Dish) and when I asked for a suggestion for a replacement all they could do was stare blankly at the tower of 5000 colors of pink, plus completely unnecessary colors like gray and black/purple, and conclude that they really don't have another color that is anything like it. How bastardy is that?