Truly living up to his last name, Gary Oldman went on an obscenity-filled rant defending Mel Gibson and Alec Baldwin for using slurs and being giant bigots in general. Cool opinion, Gary.
In an interview with Playboy, Oldman blasted all of society for "political correctness," which he sees as "crap." He then segued this into a discussion of Mel Gibson's anti-semitism and Alec Baldwin's homophobic remarks — as the interviewer, no doubt, watched on in horror and delight (think of the pageviews!):
OLDMAN: I don't know about Mel. He got drunk and said a few things, but we've all said those things. We're all fucking hypocrites. That's what I think about it. The policeman who arrested him has never used the word nigger or that fucking Jew? I'm being brutally honest here. It's the hypocrisy of it that drives me crazy. Or maybe I should strike that and say "the N word" and "the F word," though there are two F words now.
PLAYBOY: The three-letter one?
OLDMAN: Alec calling someone an F-A-G in the street while he's pissed off coming out of his building because they won't leave him alone. I don't blame him. So they persecute. Mel Gibson is in a town that's run by Jews and he said the wrong thing because he's actually bitten the hand that I guess has fed him—and doesn't need to feed him anymore because he's got enough dough. He's like an outcast, a leper, you know? But some Jewish guy in his office somewhere hasn't turned and said, "That fucking kraut" or "Fuck those Germans," whatever it is? We all hide and try to be so politically correct. That's what gets me. It's just the sheer hypocrisy of everyone, that we all stand on this thing going, "Isn't that shocking?" [smiles wryly] All right. Shall I stop talking now?
Yep, stop talking. Excellent plan.
Oldman later said, "So this interview has gone very badly. You have to edit and cut half of what I've said, because it's going to make me sound like a bigot" and emphasized that he is not, in fact, a bigot. Just a really, really angry guy who says things like the actual n-word and "Mel Gibson is in a town that's run by Jews." [Playboy]
Kimye put North West in gladiator sandals and a flower headband on the occasion of her first birthday, meaning that the baby has worn festival wear before even entering the symbolic order. [People]
Tabloids' #2 hobby — second only to speculating about the state of Jennifer Aniston's womb, which has allegedly been incubating fetuses for approx. 15 years now — is pointing out that she and Justin Theroux are never photographed together. WELL, HERE THEY ARE. Smiling and stuff. All happy-like. [Just Jared]
- Kristen Bell and Dax Shepard are expecting their second child! Hooray for the miracle of life! [Cosmo]
- Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez went to the Los Angeles zoo together, where all the animals likely made fun of Justin Bieber's hat. [NY Daily News]
- J.K. Rowling tweeted a very good tumblr post entitled "Harry Potter Books according to Draco Malfoy" at a fan. It's important to note that the author of said post is named "i_think_it_is_a_butthole." [HuffPo]
- Ultimate Cool Mom Madonna probably let her children drink at pre-prom. "If you're going to drink, I'd rather you do it in the house!" - #1 Cool Mom mantra. [Gossip Cop]
- Lauren Conrad's bachelorette party was extremely wholesome, which is sort of disappointing because I was hoping she'd make pastel DIY dick-shaped accessories. [MTV]
- Jennifer Lopez and Maksim Chmerkovskiy got "very close" after one of J. Lo's concerts. Tbh he is probably just showing her Tiny Hamsters Eating Tiny Burritos on his phone. [ONTD]
- Pharrell said he would definitely collaborate with One Direction in the future. Reading this made me remember that last night I dreamt I met One Direction and introduced them to my bunny :( My subconscious sucks :( [ONTD]
- Are the text messages in Robin Thicke's hideously creepy new music video real, wonders ET. I sort of hope so, just because of the "I wrote a whole album about you" / "I don't care" combination. [ET]
- Kanye West is doing community service at a fashion school as punishment for assaulting a paparazzo. But, like, if you think about it, Kanye's entire mortal existence consists of him doing community service at a fashion school. That fashion school...... is called Earth. [TMZ]