Baby North West, the offspring of Kim Kardashian and Kanye West, has made her solo modeling debut (her non-solo modeling debut, as you may recall, occurred in the pages of Vogue, wherein she posed with her parents and also Kris Jenner clasped her like a voracious Titan).
In the new issue of Carine Roitfeld's CR Fashion Book, the infant models a cashmere Chanel cardigan, little tiny Chanel purse, a flower broach (a baby in a broach! what a thought!) and pearl earrings. She appears in a spread entitled "Legends," which celebrates unconventional style icons; because she is 13 months old, she is designated a future icon. Beside her is a quote: "It's never too early to care about fashion!" - Karl Lagerfeld.
North West, who is still entering the symbolic order, probably does not care about fashion.
In related news: LOOK AT THOSE CHEEKS. VERY CUTE BABY. [Telegraph]
Ciara is very mad at Us Weekly for running that story about her and Future getting un-engaged; she Tweeted, "I did not do this interview with you! This is a lie, and tasteless! Must you be that thirsty to create a story?! Unbelievable!" She later added, "U manipulated my words & took the interview for sensation." [ONTD]
Lauren Conrad has written a blog post with three pieces of advice for her 18-year-old self. Notably missing: DO NOT BE THE GIRL WHO DIDN'T GO TO PARIS; protect Heidi from Spencer; warn all of your friends about the dangers of overplucking your eyebrows. [LaurenConrad.com]
- Khloe Kardashian is in French Montana's new music video; I didn't watch it because this website says it's four minutes long and I am a very busy woman, but I am told that the pair are wearing "freaky masks" in it. Cool. [E!]
- Madonna's super-chill daughter Lourdes was spotted "puffing on a suspicious cigarette" while vacationing in Cannes. Definite chill sitch. So chill is this sitch that a backward baseball cap is involved. [NY Daily News]
- Simon Cowell tweeted a photo of his baby son in sunglasses, which I am sharing because nothing is better than a baby in adult-sized sunglasses. [Hello]
- Rita Ora says Calvin Harris didn't let her perform a song they wrote together at the Teen Choice Awards, because they broke up; he responded by tweeting a "bye" emoji. Damn. Harsh. [Hello]
- "Ed Westwick Keeps His Shirt Unbuttoned & Displays A Bare Chest." K. [Just Jared]
- Kendall Jenner demands an apology and a retraction from the waitress who says she threw money in her face. Is that the best move? I don't think that's the best move. [E!]
- Courtney Stodden's mom says that Courtney Stodden and Doug Hutchinson are destined to be together. I imagine her making this proclamation in a very weary voice. [The Hollywood Gossip]