- An autopsy may be performed on Heath Ledger today to determine the cause of the actor's untimely death yesterday. While anti-anxiety drugs were found in the apartment, reports that pills were scattered around the body are said to be untrue. Heath did admit to having insomnia and taking Ambien. [News.com.au]
- Also, Heath had pneumonia when he died. [Sydney Morning Herald]
- But early reports are that Heath Ledger did not kill himself. [TMZ]
- Heath's rep calls the death an "accident." [People]
- Nicole Kidman, Cate Blanchett, John Travolta and Geoffrey Rush are among the stars who have nothing but good things to say about the late Heath Ledger: He was "admired," "adored," and "extraordinary." [The West Australian]
- Heath's family says they are "saddened and shocked." [Us Magazine]
- Michelle Williams, Heath's former fiancé, is devastated. Naomi Watts has canceled all of her Sundance interviews. Additionally, Lindsay Lohan was seen sobbing inside a restaurant as she learned of Heath's death. [TMZ, E!, TMZ]
- The Westboro Baptist Church will be picketing Heath's funeral because the actor appeared in Brokeback Mountain and "God hates fags." [ONTD]
- Onto other news: In Kathleen Turner's upcoming autobiography, the husky-voiced actress disses Nicolas Cage: "Oh, that stupid voice of his and the fake teeth!" She also has snarky things to say about Burt Reynolds, hee hee. [Page Six]
- Regarding Britney buying pregnancy tests, photographer Adnan Ghalib says, "I think she was hoping she was pregnant with my child." Also, their relationship is "far from over" and dude would marry her... Especially now that his wife's filed papers to formally separate from him? [Page Six]
- Oh, and Adnan hit a motorcyclist on Tuesday night while driving Britney's car — Brit was in the passenger seat. No one was injured. [Perez Hilton]
- Paris Hilton on Britney Spears: "She's a great mother and a great girl and I really care about her. I wish the best for her and I just wish everyone would leave her alone so she could live her life." Shh, you're making it worse. [AP]
- Lenny Kravitz is celibate?!? And has been for three years? Huh. [Page Six]
- Beyoncé and Tina Turner are planning a "surprise" duet for the Grammys? That would be fun. [Gatecrasher]
- Charlie Sheen and ex-wife Denise Richards were in family court yesterday, and a judge ruled that Denise can do a reality show with her kids (with certain restrictions), even though Charlie objected. Won't be watching, but thanks anyway. [TMZ]
- Amy Winehouse visited a mental health clinic which specializes in addiction yesterday. Could be good news? [Telegraph]
- Hmm, but these pictures make it seem like she didn't go willingly. WTF. [ONTD]
- And police officers will be taking a look at Amy's crack-smoking video to "ascertain whether any action needs to be taken." [BBC]
- Toni Braxton has pericarditis — heart disease — and is joining a campaign to raise money and awareness for the American Heart Association's Go Red for Women. Is a check-up one of your New Year's resolutions? Be well, guys. [Newsweek]
Ha, when I started reading this post there were 3 comments. Now there are over 100.
Is there anything we can DO to these Westboro dicks? I mean, really, their plan (and just about everything they do) is SO incredibly disrespectful (although, pleasepleaseplease let Heath be buried in Australia — like any off the bass-ackward redneck assholes can afford to fly around the world) that I feel like some retaliation isn't just warranted; it's necessary. Why should they be allowed to destroy the funeral of a man who has a loving and devestated family?
I want to picket all their funerals. And by "picket" I mean "burn their mourners alive."