Late last week, Eva Mendes made comments to Extra about how sweatpants, worn by wives around their husbands, are the number one cause of divorce in America. Clearly, she was A.) wrong and B.) underestimating the power of the leisure wear lobby because now both she and partner Ryan Gosling have issued clarifications and apologies to lovingly-worn sweats everywhere.
Mendes posted the following caption to Instagram:
Dear favorite sweatpants, I was just kidding when I said you're the #1 cause of divorce. Everyone knows that orange crocs are the #1 cause of divorce. Either way it was a bad joke and feel terrible if you or anyone thought I was serious. Thanks for understanding sweatpants. Sorry orange crocs.
Meanwhile, Gosling took to Twitter to, like Mendes, try his hand at sweatpants humor:
In the exact words of The Wire's Omar Little, "Come at the sweatpants king, you best not miss."
Madonna hasn't been invited to meet the president and she thinks it's because she, unlike Beyoncé, is too controversial. Asked whom she'd most like to encounter, Madge replied, "Well, I've never met Obama. He probably thinks I'm too shocking to be invited to the White House. If I was a little bit more demure, if I was just married to Jay Z."
Yes, Madonna. I'm sure President Obama is always thinking about how shocking you are.[Dlisted]
OOoooOoooh: Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence looooooooove each other! But, like, plaaaaaaaaatonically! During the New York premiere of Serena, Jennifer joked that Bradley was her work husband and that the secret to their happy work marriage is
no sweats "no sex." Oh, you crazy kids! [People]
- Another way to spice up your marriage? Get divorced! Former husband and wife Orlando Bloom and Miranda Kerr might be doin' it again. [OK!]
- Chris Brown's probation from his 2009 physical assault on Rihanna has ended. [E! Online]
- Meanwhile, Rihanna—asked about her favorite Disney movie Beauty and the Beast—made this joke at a press conference: "I fell in love with the Beast. Pretty much my dating record so far."
- Jake Gyllenhaal maybe views Dakota Johnson as "the one who got away." [ONTD]
- Noooo! Zayn Malik is reportedly looking into legal ways to leave One Direction. [Daily Star]
- Bethenny Frankel doesn't want to get married again so STOP ASKING. [Hello!]
- Congratulations to Mad Men's Jessica Paré who just had a baby with a man who is not Counting Crows' Adam Duritz. [Today]
- Raven Symone thinks everyone should stop using the N-word. [Bossip]
- Remember Joe Millionaire? [Dlisted]
- Katy Perry and John Mayer are once again done-zo. [OK!]
- Can't see how Ariana Grande giving away pet dogs at her concerts could possibly end badly. [Gossip Cop]
- Let's get through Monday by listening to Shia's <3 beat together xoxoxoxo [Page Six]
Contact the author at email@example.com.
Photos via Getty.