- The Emmy Awards are tonight, and host Neil Patrick Harris apparently has a few tricks up his sleeve, including a visit from Dr. Horrible and John Hodgman announcing questionable factoids as the winners go up to collect their prizes. [EW]
- The stars are already collecting swag, picking up platinum baubles, video games, luxury trips and designer handbags at various Emmy gifting suites. [NYTimes]
- Seth MacFarlane hopes to make history tonight by having Family Guy pick up the Best Comedy Series award. [NYTimes]
- Tom O'Neil of the theenvelope.com, an awards show website, says that he's afraid the Emmys will be filled with repeat winners: "I think we will definitely see repeats of the best drama and comedy winners of last year, and we risk seeing repeats of all of the top winners for the first time in Emmy history. There's going to be a lot of outcry if that happens and unjustifiably so, because if these shows deserve to win, they should. But people want fresh new things." Among those potential repeat champs? 30 Rock and Mad Men. [Reuters]
- Hugh Laurie says the limp he puts on in order to play House is taking a toll on his body: "The show might last to series seven, eight or nine but I don't know if I will, because I'm starting to lose my knees a little bit. It's a lot of hip work. There's things going badly wrong. I need to do yoga." [DailyExpress]
- Katherine Heigl's husband, Josh Kelley shared his excitement about his new baby daughter, Naleigh, with a crowd at one of his concerts on Friday: "We adopted a baby from Korea, me and my girl, and she's awesome, dude! This girl is the bomb!" [People]
- Singer Lucinda Williams married her manager Tom Overby during a concert on Friday night. [USWeekly]
- "I am not a parasite, I am not a gold-digger. I've always just told wanted her for her love, not her money."-Blake Fielder-Civil on his ex-wife, Amy Winehouse [NewsoftheWorld]
- According to a source, Avril Lavigne and husband Deryck Whibley split because the couple "married too young and she finally realized that. Avril realized she needs her own life and needs to explore things without him." [People]
- Michael Jackson reportedly hated Pepsi, the soda he endorsed for many years. [ShowbizSpy]
- Michael Caine says he's no longer interested in leading roles: ""It's very tiring. As an actor you say, ‘I want a bigger part', but when you get to my age you look through the script to see how many days off you've got." [DailyExpress]
- Kanye West's ex-fiance, Alexis Phifer and his current girlfriend, Amber Rose showed up wearing similar outfits to US Weekly's "Most Stylish New Yorker" party and "kept throwing each other dirty looks all night." [PageSix]
- "I'm blessed. I have a beautiful mother and beautiful father so I guess you could say I'm blessed with good genes. It's important to have a certain look in the industry but I honestly tend to wake up and comb my hair with my hands."- Chace Crawford [ShowbizSpy]
- Monty Python stars John Cleese and Michael Palin are reportedly thinking about working together again. [DailyExpress]
- Being well-rounded is beautiful. You can't base beauty on one [characteristic], although having humility would be on the top of my list. And being kind. Kindness is so underrated! If I start to wallow in self-pity, I take someone to lunch or make someone laugh. Kindness is like no drug ever."- Kristen Bell [JustJared]
- Taylor Momsen apparently has a clause in her record contract that allows her to sing for free on the set of Gossip Girl and on the set of "Runaways Project," though Momsen has not yet been added to the cast of the upcoming Runaways film. [TMZ]
- Sissy Spacek will be joining the cast of HBO's Big Love as "a powerful Washington, D.C. lobbyist." [ONTD]
- "My Russian acting coach told me I was a disgrace to the Moscow Theatre. So I was determined to prove him wrong and do good work. I've never had my eye on a prize. I really wanted to enjoy the passage of time. Before Friends and the success of that I have a graveyard of sitcoms that, thank god, you don't know about. I was happy to get a job every year, whether it went on or not."-Jennifer Aniston [ShowbizSpy]
If NPH whips out his Ph.D. in Horribleness at the Emmys, I will watch for the first time EVER.
"Avril Lavigne "married too young and she finally realized that.""
Why does this have to be an "I told you so" kinda thing? She was young, but she wasn't some child bride or anything. She was an adult, her marriage, like many marriages, failed. That's just uncalled for, imo.\
Oh, and Hugh Laurie: come to mama. I'll make your hips happy...