- Donna Karan's in love! The lucky guy is a male model, and a full two years older than "half her age." [Page Six]
- Barney's New York Creative Director/bon vivant Simon Doonan has a new book coming out in April 2008 titled Eccentric Glamour. Tagline: "Say no to ho." And yes to fashion appreciated exclusively by homos! [Fashion Week Daily]
- Diane von Furstenberg to Amex cardholders who forked over $550 to hear her speak at her NYC flagship store, "For those of you who don't know, this is the Meatpacking District. A lot of Japanese tour buses go around and say, 'Oh, this is where Diane von Furstenberg lives.'" Uh, they do? [Fashion Week Daily]
- French Connection UK is abandoning FCUK to focus on more traditional, "high fashion" ads. We think a better idea would be if they were to just tag a bunch of their ads FUCK, and restore some of that initial brand-defining dyslexia, but no one listens to us. [WWD, 2nd item]
- "We're bringing uptown downtown, and teaching heiresses how to wear flip-flops and young SoHo girls how to invest in a fabulous python handbag." Big goals, brought to you by Michael Kors. [Fashion Week Daily]
- If you live in New York and if you care, alum Emmett McCarthy is having a sale at his store tomorrow. [Blogging Project Runway]
- Elle Macpherson to host Project Runway Australia. [Sassybella]
- Attention PETA: Anna Wintour is hosting an "intimate" pre-Christmas dinner at her home tomorrow night. We heard she likes foie gras! [Fashion Week Daily]
- Iman's jewelry line: one more reason to flip to the Home Shopping Network! [Vogue UK]
- Lazy shoppers are expected to spend $30 billion on gift cards this year. [WWD, sub req'd]
- Ooh! The incredibly brain-eroding "Which Supermodel Are You? quiz! I am Linda Evangelista. [BellaSugar]
@foree: Moi aussi!
As for Donna Karan, part of me wants to say "Good on her!", but I can't.
Maybe it's her admission that she begins her day with four hours of yoga, which tells me that she has almost nothing to do with the day-to-day running of her company and is utterly self-absorbed. Then again, it could be the sleazy details behind her I.P.O., which completely screwed her investors out of anything other than the measliest percentage of its profits (read up on it if you want some juicy financial details regarding her greed and the incompetency of the I-bank that launched it). Perhaps it's that her style is too static, too dependent on a look that is 25+ years old and has never, ever evolved.
I guess you could say I'm not a fan, lol!