- Donatella Versace loves Hillary Clinton but thinks she should dress more like Donatella Versace if she wants to nab the presidency. [Vogue UK]
- But forget politics — where are we, Washington D.C.? — Donatella would much rather meet Martha Stewart. [Fashion Week Daily]
- This week on Ugly Betty, recently fired ELLE fashion director Nina Garcia will appearing alongside Project Runway winner Christian Siriano. But in the season finale, ELLE's Nina-ousters Robbie Myers and Joe Zee will be appearing on the show, in a storyline featuring a softball game. Needless to say, this would seem to indicate a rapproachment on the level with Nixon meeting Mao, except when you remember that the common goal is not being on TV. [WWD, 3rd item]
- How the fuck did Heidi Montag's clothing line outsell Victoria Beckham's at Kitson's? [TMZ]
- Bummer: Frances Bean Cobain is not going to be the next face of Chanel. [Vogue UK]
- Meta: ubermodel Liya Kebide is set to play supermodel Waris Durie in the upcoming bipic beased on Durie's autobiography. [Fashion Week Daily]
- Best headline ever: "Louis Vuitton Sues Darfur Fundraiser." [TorrentFreak]
- More from the wonderful Simon Doonan: "Basically I don't know anybody that remembers just the hallmark moments where you are riding a Victorian bicycle around trying to catch butterflies. There may be people who remember that but I think the medical emergencies and the crazy outfits always trump that stuff. Hence, the emphasis [in his writing] on things like flying dentures, prostitutes, medical emergencies and freak accidents." [Vogue UK]
- What's it like to be Madonna's makeup artist? Says Gina Brooke, "Usually on certain jobs you walk in and go, "OK, this is my idea." She's like, "No, this is my idea, and then you guys give me what you've got." [BellaSugar]
- Designer Cynthia Rowley's advice to graduates of Marymount University's fashion design and merchandising students, "If I can do it, you can do it." Gee, that's helpful. [WWD, sub req'd]
- Designer Ralph Rucci: Honorary Jezebel? "I think we're in a state of mediocrity. Magazines are totally unrelatable to what you look like...To show a garment that's difficult to wear, that just has a concept to it, is not fashion." [WWD, sub req'd]
- Mazel tov, probably, to Giorgio Armani who is rumored to be receiving France's Legion of Honor medal next month. [Fashion Week Daily]
- The Solar Bag! So you can, um, recharge your cell phone using your handbag. [WWD, 1st item]
- Jean-Paul Gaultier: Now shilling man make-up. [NYMag]
- Avon profits are on the rise. This surely has something to do with the price of oil but we're too tired to come up with a silly theory. [Reuters]
heeeeeeehehe. I read "If I can do it, you can do it."
As, 1) If you can see it, you can do it.
2) If you can do it, you can do it.
Then I tried to rationalize where she probably emphasized words so it would be like "if you can do it (like it is humanly possible to do), YOU can do it!"
3) Ohahahhaha "If I can do it, you can do it."
Fuck me man...I'm not doing well this morning with the whole 'functioning' deal.