🚨THOMAS MARKLE UPDATE🚨: Thomas Markle was (surprise!) available for his weekend Sun interview, and he has soundbytes. He calls the Royal Family cult-like–like Scientology–because they are secretive. In his words:
They are cult-like — like Scientology — because they are secretive.
He speculates that they could even have a “secret handshake,” which sounds sinister, and if they did, he would never know. “You cannot ask a question of them,” he says, “as they won’t answer.”
Right, they’re not talking to him.
But yes, they do have secret gestures! Go nuts.
This is a gift: The Sun launched a full-on investigation into why Leonardo DiCaprio keeps dating women under 25 with graphics, charts, photographs and consultations with several psychologists (he’s currently dating a 23-year-old). The verdict: a) it is creepy b) may be linked to a traumatizing rash of bad press he got at age 25 c) maybe he needs validation that he’s hot d) maybe he’s shallow. Any one is a valid choice, except for d, which is correct.
Something to vaguely remember for a few years until we forget again: Glenn Close was in a cult, actually. In an interview with Weekend Magazine, published in the Daily Mail, Close speaks about her childhood til age 22 spent in a “cult-like” religious group Moral Re-Armament, which demands members follow a moral code “where everybody is supposed to say the same things and act in the same way.”
- Nick Jonas and Priyanka Chopra held a roka, a traditional Indian engagement ceremony, in Mumbai. [Page Six]
- Are veneers so bad, though? [People]
- Uh-oh, no Shookus. [TMZ]
- Miranda Lambert’s boyfriend is officially divorced. [Page Six]
- Celebrity dog adoptions from Korean meat farms seem to be on the rise since the Olympics. [TMZ]
- Know that at least one professional “lotioner”–a person who applies lotion to Kim Kardashian–exists. [The Sun]