- Paris Hilton showed up at the Victoria's Secret fashion show earlier this month and demanded to be cast in the show, according to model Miranda Kerr. And then — and here's where it gets really classy — she stole an outfit from the show to wear herself. [Sassybella]
- On being asked who designed the dress she wore to a party for actor Ewan MacGregor's new book, Helena Bonham Carter replied, "I can't remember, I can't remember anything." [WWD, 9th item]
- Venus Williams is inspired "as an athlete and as a designer" by Madonna. [WSJ]
- Model Gemma Ward: "surprisingly impressive" in her acting debut. [Sassybella]
- Adidas is partnering with Diesel to do a denim line, because what the world needs now is... that's right! Another denim line. [Vogue UK]
- Fresh from their H&M collection, Viktor & Rolf are designing a line of luggage for Samsonite. [IHT]
- Pierre Hardy for Gap shoes: Coming stateside soon! [WWD, 4th item]
- Model Natalia Vodianova and a bunch of "celebrities" we've never heard of are designing t-shirts for the Buddhist Punk label to benefit Al Gore's The Climate Project. And I guess it's understandable for Al to be tired of winning awards and ready to just party with models for once, but seriously, I am tired of the whole "designing" T-shirts for charity trend. [Vogue UK]
- Steve and Barry's is really (really!) a helluva lot more than just the place to buy Sarah Jessica Parker's "Bitten" line. Did you know they bought 3.5 million square feet of retails space in U.S. malls last year? We're not even sure what 3.5 million square feet looks like. [Business Week]
- Topshop is going to China! OMG just like this cycle's contestants on America's Next Top Model! We hope to see Heather at the first store opening. [Reuters]
Viktor and Rolf luggage? They've always seemed the opposite of streamlined and boring. Could be interesting.
I'm trying to think of an excuse to see that movie with Gemma Ward and failing. And she's going to be in another one with Liv Tyler (I'm sure that will be scintillating).