- Adam Goldstein better known as DJ AM was found dead yesterday at his New York City home, nearly one year after miraculously surviving a plane crash with fellow musician, Travis Barker. Goldstein was 36 years old. [People]
- A publicist for the Goldstein family has released the following statement: ""The circumstances surrounding his death are unclear. Out of respect for his family and loved ones, please respect their privacy at this time." The official cause of death has not yet been released, but police do not suspect foul play. [People]
- A "law enforcement source" claims that a crack pipe and prescription pill bottles were found inside of Goldstein's apartment. [TMZ]
- Goldstein's body was found "face down" on his bed, after a concerned friend, who hadn't been able to enter his apartment, called police to open the door. A source says he was "already dead upon arrival." [USWeekly]
- Goldstein was reportedly "completely devastated" after breaking up with girlfriend Hayley Wood last week. [TMZ]
- "[Wood] ended it, and he didn't want it to end. The breakup hurt him. He hadn't been in a good place lately. For the past week, he wasn't really around, he was keeping to himself, and he was blowing people off," says a source. [People]
- In July, Goldstein told People magazine that he was planning on meeting with a Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder specialist: ""There's no reason why I should have lived or I lived and they didn't," he said,"And it's something I struggle with every day." [People]
- Celebrities took to Twitter to express their shock and grief over AM's passing. John Mayer: "We're supposed to lose our friends to time, at an age when we're ready to agree to the terms of having lived a long life. Not now." Lindsay Lohan: "i can't believe this.. i'm in shock. why? why? r.i.p. adam." [MTV]
- Goldstein's final tweet, from Thursday, has been making the rounds on Twitter as well: "New york, new york. Big city of dreams, but everything in new york aint always what it seems," a lyric from Grandmaster Flash and the Furious 5's "New York, New York." [RollingStone]
- Just last April, MTV had signed Goldstein, who had publicly discussed his struggles with drugs in the past, to host a show called Gone Too Far, "an intervention-style reality show where young people with drug addictions would get the chance to turn their lives around." Promotion for the series had just begun. [RollingStone]
- "The  plane accident made AM very humble. He cared more about life and his friends. It was hard enough when we heard about the accident and now to hear this, it hasn't really hit yet. It's kind of unbelievable."-DJ Scotty Boy [People]
- "Adam and I were friends since I was 15. He had a heart of gold and was one of the kindest, funniest and most talented men I have ever met...It's so hard to accept that I'm not going to be able to see him or talk to him again. There are no right words for this, I feel so sad. :("- Paris Hilton [E!]
- Noel Gallagher has quit Oasis, stating that he "simply could not go on working with Liam a day longer." [TheSun]
- "I find that, as a 44-year-old man, that's not really what I want to do all the time. I'm not saying I don't enjoy playing shows, but I don't need to do it for a year, living the same day over and over again. My time would be much better spent creatively, rather than sitting on a tour bus because it's a money-making machine."-Trent Reznor on why he doesn't want to tour anymore. [DailyExpress]
- In totally non-shocking news, Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson don't talk about Twilight once they're off the set: "The funny thing is we haven't really talked about it," Stewart says, "Although we can commiserate and be like, ‘ugh, it's crazy'."[ShowbizSpy]
- Lily Allen's boyfriend thinks she spends too much time on Twitter: "My boyfriend gets really, really angry with me because he's just like ‘I just want to spend some time with you, do we have to have one and a half million people in the room with us at one time?' I'm like ‘Yes, shut up."[ShowbizSpy]
- Is Heather Mills' fashion line the worst fashion line of all time? [DailyMail]
- Victoria Beckham hit up Barney's in search of a cheerleading outfit: "Victoria was absolutely charming and very funny. She was being very self-deprecating when she asked if we could source her a cheerleading outfit," says a source at the store, "At first we thought she was joking as she was giggling so much, but it soon became clear she wasn't." [TheSun]
- "Whenever I can be physical it helps me a lot with the actual acting aspect. I prefer it. If I could just be either beating someone up or getting my ass beaten in every scene I would love it. Sexy."-Megan Fox [Mirror]
Today is also Michael Jackson's birthday. So enjoy.
This is an actually quite neat video for Bret Ratner's "Shooter Series," a little off the cuff interview from what looks to be the past year or two.
The video above is just one I like.
I can deal with getting yelled at for being off topic if y'all want. I don't care. But this is relavant to many of our interests.