After Demi Moore was taken to the hospital on Monday night, the details about what happened are becoming a little clearer, and they're...surprising. A friend that was at her house when it all went down said that Demi had inhaled "a dangerous amount of nitrous oxide." Oh, girl, WHIP-ITS? That is not at all what any of us were expecting. Here's TMZ's assessment of her drug of choice: "A whip-it is not a common drug among people of Demi's age and social status. It's typically used by younger people who are looking for a cheap thrill." Indeed.
Nevertheless, her friend said she had a reaction to a whip-it and went semi-unconscious and had "symptoms of a seizure." Eeesh. Now that she's heading into rehab, sources are saying that she's being treated for "exhaustion," whatever that means, and that she's been in trouble for a long time now. One friend said, "Demi's been through it all, from a long time back." Hopefully she'll be on a better path soon. [TMZ, E!]
We heard that Jennifer Aniston was going to buy a big new house in Bel Air but now comes the blockbuster news that she is, in fact, buying the home with her boyfriend Justin Theroux. First the joint Christmas card and now this, a serious $22 million commitment! Could wedding bells be ringing faintly in the distance?
Either way, it sounds like quite the fancy love nest. It's a four-bedroom, seven-bathroom midcentury home. That is a very interesting bathroom-to-bedroom ratio! They'll never want for a place to pee. There are also floor-to-ceiling glass windows with ocean views. Oh, and a pool and a vineyard. Maybe they'll start a wine company and sell wines with cutesy names like White Jenn-findel and Justin Ther-lot. [WSJ]
Speaking of Demis and rehab, there have also been rumors swirling that Demi Lovato was also headed to a treatment facility, but they appear to be untrue. Thank goodness, because we can't handle that much Demi drama at once. The rumors were fueled by the fact that she's decided to take a break from Twitter, which she also did back in October of 2010, when she went to treatment for eating disorders and cutting. Her reps have denied that's what's going on here; so let's keep our fingers crossed that she's healthy and just doesn't feel like tweeting for the moment. [MTV]
There's always speculation about the possibility of Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie marrying, but now we have something straight from the horse's mouth. Here's Brad on the idea of marriage:
We'd actually like to, and it seems to mean more and more to our kids. … We made this declaration some time ago that we weren't going to do it till everyone can. But I don't think we'll be able to hold out. It means so much to my kids, and they ask a lot. And it means something to me, too, to make that kind of commitment.
A Pitt-Jolie wedding might be just the thing to cure us of the blues brought on by all the depressing celebrity splits 2012 has dumped on us. [Us]
- Have Beyonce and Jay-Z decided to make Oprah the godmother for their daughter Blue Ivy? That's what MediaTakeout says, though given the source, we should probably take it with a giant grain of salt until Oprah herself has screamed it from the pulpit of whatever church the baby is baptized in. Bluuuuueeee Ivvvvyyy! [MTO]
- Things continue to be unpleasant for Halle Berry after her baby daddy Gabriel Aubrey allegedly pushed and verbally abused his daughter's nanny. Police and child protective services have both been to interview her about the incident today. [Radar, TMZ]
- Apparently while Demi Moore was in the middle of her breakdown earlier this week, Ashton Kutcher was down in Brazil modeling. E! says they hear @aplusk was "out partying with friends" last night and is in no rush to see his ex back in the States." Well, considering they are not together anymore, that doesn't seem all the jackassy. I mean maybe Demi doesn't even want to see him. [E!]
- It looks like Cee-Lo is going to be performing with Madonna at the halftime show of the Super Bowl. It seems like an odd pair, but it might be fun. Cee-Lo is apparently going to "bring a new sound" to some of Madge's tunes. Let's just hope he doesn't go rogue and change any of the lyrics, because you DO NOT want to piss off Madonna's fan base. [OMG!]
- Oops! Actor Armie Hammer, best known for playing both the Winklevii in The Social Network, was arrested for marijuana possession at the Texas border. A dog sniffed it in his car, and police found .02 ounces of weed, some "medicinal marijuana cookies," and a brownie. The police aren't prosecuting because he didn't have very much actual pot on him. [E!]
- After suffering from "mild kidney failure" earlier this month, Nick Cannon is back in the hospital—-but only for the day. He's there to have a scheduled procedure, but he's not happy about it, saying "I just dislike hospitals." He says he'll be back at work on Thursday. [USA Today]
- Apparently being a Beatle's wife is a full time job. Nancy Shevell, who married Paul McCartney in October, has resigned from the board of New York's Metropolitan Transportation Authority. Maybe she didn't need the subways anymore after McCartney told her "Baby, you can drive my car." (Grooooan.) [AP]
- Is Drew Barrymore converting to Judaism to marry her fiancé Will Kopelman? Maybe. Here's a better question: does it matter? Nope! [In Touch]
- Speaking of religion, after spending some time in Istanbul, Liam Neeson is thinking about converting to Islam. [New York Post]
- Demi Moore may be going to rehab, but sources say that Heather Locklear definitely is not. [Yahoo!]
- Bruce Jenner has said he's not going to push his daughters Kendall and Kylie to go to college:
If they want to go to college, certainly, I think it's a good idea. But I'm not the advocate of, 'You've got to go to college!' I think by the time they graduate from high school, they will probably be in a position to go right to working.
- Yep, and I guess if the whole being famous for nothing thing doesn't work out, they've always got the "I used to be on a reality show D-lister" career to fall back on. [Us]
- It's hard to keep track of what is going on with Sinead O'Connor right now, but it appears, at least for today, that her marriage to her fourth husband is back on. [Evening Standard]
- Tough news for Sherlock fans: there had been a rumor that the third season would air on the BBC by the end of 2012, but now it looks like that's not going to happen. This raises the important question: have we stockpiled enough Benedict Cumberbatch to last us through the end of the year? [ONTD]
- Bachelorette star Jen Schefft and her husband Joe Waterman are expecting a second child. [People]