The Harry Potter movies may be about the adventures of wholesome kids, but things behind the scenes weren't nearly as innocent. Daniel Radcliffe has admitted that he was in the throes of a major drinking problem while filming the series, and he'd often show up for work drunk. God, first Pat Sajak and now this. In an interview with Heat magazine this week, Radcliffe said that during his Potter period he often drank to the point of blacking out:
I have a very addictive personality. It was a problem. People with problems like that are very adept at hiding it. It was bad. I don't want to go into details, but I drank a lot and it was daily — I mean nightly.
As much of a problem as he was having, the 22-year-old did put some limits on himself:
I can honestly say I never drank at work on Harry Potter. I went into work still drunk, but I never drank at work. I can point to many scenes where I'm just gone. Dead behind the eyes.
Harry Potter obsessives better cancel their weekend plans so they can rewatch all the movies and figure out which scenes he was drunk in. But seriously, kudos to him for sobering up and managing to avoid the quicksand pit of self-destruction that so many child stars fall into. [Reuters, EW]
Despite evidence that everything is just fine with Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux—they just bought a house together, after all—the National Enquirer says they had a big "blowup" and now their love is might be dead forever. The spat in question occurred during dinner at an LA restaurant. Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban were there too, and as Aniston and Theroux went to leave, they disagreed about whether to go say hello. Jen just waved, while Justin went over to chat. Jen came back and said hello and tried to pull him away. As they left, they were hissing at each other. Well, Jesus, if this means they're in trouble, then every couple in America is on the verge of splitting up, because that is some run-of-the-mill shit. Sure, for most of us our fights don't involve chatting with Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban, but still. [National Enquirer]
Madonna is nervous for her Super Bowl halftime show, but she says she's ready:
Over the 25 years of performing that I've done, I have never worked so hard or been so scrupulous or detail-oriented or freaked out as much maintaining my sanity.
Thankfully, her sanity is intact and nothing can stop her now—not even a strained hamstring. She's going to push through the injury; she says, "I feel like one of the football players now. Mind over matter." Let's pray that she gets carried away with that feeling and insists on playing in the second half of the game. Now, that would make it a Super Bowl. [People]
Justin Vernon told Billboard that Bon Iver was invited to perform at the Grammys but declined:
We wanted to play our music, but we were told that we couldn't play. We had to do a collaboration with someone else. And we just felt like it was such a large stage. We're getting nominated for this record that we made, me and Brian [Joseph] and a bunch of our fucking friends, and we were given accolades for it. And all of a sudden we were being asked to play music that had nothing to do with that. We kind of said "fuck you" a little bit and they sort of acted like they wanted us to play, but I don't think they wanted us to play.
Their loss. Yet another reason why the Grammys are fast fading into irrelevance. [ONTD]
Channing Tatum is hosting Saturday Night Live this week, and he says, "I'm more nervous than I could probably tell you." Kelly Ripa has advised him to put Vaseline on his teeth because your mouth goes dry from nerves, and you don't want you lips to stick to your teeth. He's considering it, "If I can remember it, I'll do it, but maybe I'll Vaseline the lips instead of the teeth." So, if he comes out and does his monologue with glistening lips, you'll know why.
Also, FYI, he likes to hide love notes for his wife, Jenna Dewan, under the toilet seat. Hope you guys are pumped for many more tidbits like this from Tatum, because he has five movies coming out this year and will probably be doing press tours non-stop. Let the fun begin. [MTV, People]
- One person who will not be at the Super Bowl watching Madonna do her thing? Jack Nicholson. He said he'd "rather drink bleach" than go to the big game. Wow, his commitment to hating a sporting event is impressive. [TMZ]
- Lindsay Lohan's neighbors are saying they're glad she's moved out of her Venice house, a decision she made quickly after she got spooked by a stalker. One neighbor said, "Lohan was like a hurricane, or some other natural disaster tearing through the neighborhood." Another complained, "Since she moved here it's been a complete circus with a revolving door of friends in and out of her house and paparazzi camped out permanently. Everyone was so sick of her." Guess she's the Chateau Marmont's circus now. [Ministry of Gossip]
- Jake Gyllenhaal had lunch with a mystery lady, and, get this guys, she was beautiful. I know. It seems crazy that an international sex symbol would dine with someone who wasn't hideous, but it really happened! [E!]
- Russell Brand went to a yoga class in LA,, and on his drive home he veered onto the wrong side of the street, hit an embankment, and got a flat tire. Perhaps he shouldn't be driving in such a zen state. [The Sun]
- Uh oh, Kirsten Dunst's cat is missing. She and her new boyfriend Garrett Hedlund were spotted wandering around her neighborhood putting up flyers for her kitty Tazzy. There's a reward, so if you happen to be near Toluca Lake, California, maybe take a swing around and see if you find a little gray and white cat. Fingers crossed for Tazzy's safe return. [E!]
- Turns out Clive Owen is not nearly as hot when his beautiful eyes and manly mouth have been Photoshopped off of his face. [Vulture]
- Tween sensation Willow Smith has shaved her head. She'd better brace herself for a few months worth of people making jokes about how she can't whip her hair back and forth anymore. [OMG!]
- In more celebrity hair news, Snoop Dogg has a noticeable but still small patch of grey hair. Gasp! [OMG!]
- He may be the Terminator but not even Arnold Schwarzenegger gets everything he wants. He was in India this week for an environmental conference and tried to visit the Taj Mahal, but he was turned away. It was nothing personal; the site was closed to tourists because of a Muslim prayer session. That's too bad, but it's worth it because it gave TMZ reason to post this ridiculous pic of Ahhnold eating some type of giant flatbread. [TMZ]
- There's some drama in Duggarville. A woman tried to extort Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar and Discovery Communicatiosn (which owns TLC). She demanded the network pay her $10,000 or cancel 19 Kids and Counting to prevent her from releasing scandalous photos of Duggar cousin Amy. First of all, who would even care if there were scandalous photos of Amy? Second, it turns out the photos were actually just normal snapshots. The woman, Teresa Hunt, was busted by an FBI sting and is now facing federal extortion charges. [Radar]
- Eddie Murphy = Still alive. [TMZ]
- Also still alive: Bee Gee Robin Gibb. He's made a "spectacular" recovery from colon cancer. Excellent news to being a weekend with! [Ministry of Gossip]