In a video interview with DuJour magazine, supermodel Chrissy Teigen said that she was fired from a Forever 21 shoot when she was younger for being "too fat." In case you had forgotten, the body norms espoused by the fashion industry are ludicrous and unhealthy. Surprise!!
"I showed up on set and they asked me if they could take a photo," she told the mag. "And they shoot that photo off to my agency, who then calls me as I'm sitting in the make-up chair, and they say, 'You need to leave right now. They just said that you are fat and you need to get your measurements taken.'" Ew. Just horrible. Very admirably, Chrissy recognizes that the problem lies with the famed purveyor of boldly-patterned fabric scraps and not with her — she cheerfully added, "I hate you, Forever 21. I hate you so much. Honestly, you're the worst."
The rest of the interview is filled with beautiful gems, including: Teigen is asked what her favorite John Legend song is and, in response, she goes on at length about the John Legend song she loathes; she says she would be a First Daughter if she could be anyone for a day; she discusses eating a raw cashew nut and hallucinating and then cackling-while-barfing. A+ talking points. [DuJour]
Yesterday was the national holiday of Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan-Tatum's anniversary; to commemorate it, Channing Tatum uploaded a very sweet image (WITH THE BABY!) with the caption "Another year of love and light..couldn't ask for anything more." :') [Cosmo]
Noted tank top-wearer/noted Dan Humphrey from Gossip Girl Penn Badgely is now dating the older sister of Jessa from Girls. And Williamsburg looked over what it had made and Williamsburg saw that it was very good. [ONTD]
- Taylor Kitsch in board shorts and a backwards baseball hat taking selfies with fans!!!!! It was worth it waking up today after all!!! [ONTD]
- Nickelodeon canceled Ariana Grande's show, in case that is something that means anything to you. Ariana wrote an open letter about it but probably doesn't care too much because she's busy 1) being a lil' pop star and 2) dealing with the fallout from that demon confrontation in the cemetery that one time. [Gossip Cop]
- Lindsay Lohan might move to London because they gossip less there. [MTV]
- Beneath the garments Hilary Duff is expected to wear due to social norms, there lurks an unclothed body that sometimes has a bikini on it, as she revealed just the other day. [PopSugar]
- Someone at Vice says that the Beyoncé and Jay Z tour is boring because it's too perfect. YOU CAN'T WIN 'EM ALL. [ONTD]
- Although Argentina did not win the World Cup, the team enjoyed a more prestigious honor: David Beckham's pack of Handsome Young Beckham Lads wore Argentina jerseys to the game. [Hello]
- In related news, Rihanna and Gerard Butler and Gerard Butler's bicep hung out at the 'Cup, as the true fans call it. [Just Jared]
- This is a beautiful slideshow of James Franco clutching the world's most fed-up and irritated kitten on the red carpet. "Hey, did you see that art show I did where I copied Cindy Sherman's pictures?" he is whispering, and the cat is like, "Never speak again." [DListed]