- After trashing a hotel room and passing out naked due to
drugsan "allergic reaction," Charlie Sheen has decided to return to rehab. "That's his plan right now. He knows he has to do something," says a source.
- Charlie had reportedly been sleeping at Promises and essentially pretending to go to rehab earlier this year, and the source says he wants to check in again. However, "If he goes in as an out-patient it won't effect his daily life at all. He can still shoot his show and do anything he wants." [Radar]
- Though Charlie is on probation for domestic violence, he isn't in trouble with the law because he wasn't arrested this morning. [The Wrap]
- TMZ's sources are of the opinion that Charlie isn't returning to Promises and will be back to work on Two and a Half Men next week. [TMZ ]
- Hours after the incident, Denise Richards appeared on The Howard Stern Show and said "everything is hunky dory," with Charlie. [Radar]
- Cops didn't find drugs in Charlie's hotel room. [TMZ]
- However, the prostitute who was in the hotel room with him says she saw him doing cocaine. Says a source: "She said after he did the coke, he flipped out, couldn't find his wallet and accused her of stealing it." [Radar]
- Some other source reports, "He's back to his old tricks. He's been partying and using cocaine. He's been doing it for weeks." [Radar]
- Gloria Allred is extremely worried that, "if he does not get help a.s.a.p. he may become a danger to himself or others." [Radar]
- Charlie isn't the only celeb who had a meltdown yesterday — Andy Dick reportedly got drunk, grabbed a woman on the street, and chased a paparazzo, all while exposing himself. NSFW picture of his junk at the link. [Perez]
- We heard rumors about this earlier, but Carey Mulligan and Shia LaBeouf are officially over. [People]
- Carey is staying at a Best Western and dating British actor Tom Sturridge. [Daily Mail]
- In addition to some hot-and-heavy hand holding, Taylor Swift and Jake Gyllenhaal went apple picking this past weekend. [Us]
- Yet another source claims Mariah Carey is pregnant after undergoing in vitro fertilization. [E!]
- A court ruled that Joe Jackson should have no say in how Michael Jackson's estate is administered. [TMZ]
- When model Jessica White was arrested for assault over the weekend, she was celebrating the end of her relationship with Sean Penn. "Jessica was out with a bunch of friends celebrating her new single status," said her lawyer. [Radar]
- Mel Gibson and Oksana Grigorieva are throwing their daughter Lucia separate first birthday parties on Saturday. [TMZ]
- Hangover director Todd Phillips said of firing Mel Gibson, "He's one of our finest actors and, quite honestly, one of our finest directors... But The Hangover 2 is a family ... and as much as I loved the idea, a lot of people didn't ... I didn't want anything to come in between that family." [Us]
- After Todd Phillips presented Zach Galifianakis with an award at the 14th Annual Hollywood Awards Gala, Galifianakis joked that Phillips is the "worst Jew in Hollywood," then added, "that's an inside joke." [E!]
- Jay-Z and Kanye West's are collaborating on a full album called Watch the Throne. [Contact Music]
- Here are some shots of Hayden Panettiere playing Amanda Knox. [ONTD]
- Aretha Franklin has canceled a concert in Charlottesville due to unspecified health problems. [AP]
- Kara DioGuardi is will judge a song-writing show on Bravo, because what the world needs now is another American Idol knockoff. [People]
- David Alan Grier announced on Twitter that he's been cast as Mercedes' estranged father on Glee. [Perez]
- Jessica Simpson says she's the happiest she's ever been but, "There's no way you're not going to be affected by the ugly things people say about you... It's very hurtful. It definitely brings up a lot of your own insecurities." [People]
It struck me this morning while listening to the details of this particular Sheen escapade that we seem to have different rules for our celebrities.
Sheen has been pulling this shitty behavior for decades.
We also had similar rude boy behavior from Robert Downey Jr.
Both these men are frequently easily forgiven and then go on to get work.
LiLo on the other hand (yes, she's still a mess in progress, unlike Downey), gets vilified time and time again.
Just struck me as quite the double standard.