- Charlie Sheen was hospitalized this morning after an alleged 36-hour drug and booze bender. He reportedly had a "briefcase full of cocaine" delivered yesterday, and had to be removed from his home on a stretcher.
- He had been been partying with several women and someone called 911 at 6:35 AM. A hospital source says, "It's serious." [TMZ, TMZ]
- Here's a photo of Martin Sheen entering the hospital. [Radar]
- Porn star Kacey Jordan says when she showed up at his house on Tuesday, four other women were already there. She left yesterday afternoon and Charlie was "still partying." [TMZ]
- Jordan Tweeted a picture of her labia from Charlie's house along with the message "It's officially 24 hours of drinking! Hehe." [Radar]
- Porn star Melanie Rios was also partying with Charlie. Radar has helpfully reproduced her stats from a site that advertises sexual services. [Radar]
- Prepare yourself for another Kendra Wilkinson sex tape. In this one she's having sex with her female friend Taryn Ryan. [Radar]
- Amber Portwood's brother denies that she and Gary are speaking every day and says that after she heard Kim Kardashian bashed Teen Mom, she "started getting really upset and crying, saying the whole world hates her. She was just so hurt." [Us]
- At a "closed doors" child protective custody hearing today, which for some reason we know all about, Amber admitted that she hit Gary and had been an "unfit mom." [Radar]
- Scarlett Johansson and Justin Long managed to attend an Iron and Wine concert together this week without becoming romantically involved. "They're friends," says her rep.. "They've worked together [on He's Just Not That Into You]. They're not dating." [People]
- Jon Stewart is being appointed to the National September 11 Memorial & Museum board thanks to his efforts last month to pass the 9/11 first responders health care bill. [E!]
- On a British talk show Kate Hudson discussed her pregnancy, saying, "It feels like a girl, but I don't know." As for whether or not she's getting married, she said, "I don't like putting that sort of pressure on it and I don't feel it necessary to get married, I am 31, I already have one child, and have had one divorce, so it is not necessarily the golden ticket. I just want to be happy." [Star]
- Jimmy Buffet has been released from the hospital after falling off stage and being knocked unconscious. Luckily, the hospital's emergency department director happened to be at the concert. He says, "I heard the 'crack' and I thought: 'This guy has broken his neck... He had a head injury and he lost consciousness ... (but) scans show that he's OK," [CBS New]
- Countess LuAnn de Lesseps has her first acting job, if you don't count RHONY. She'll play "an eccentric art patron who poses semi-nude for a painter in Law & Order: SVU. [Us]
- It seems stress of directing two Hobbit films has taken a toll on Peter Jackson. He was admitted to the hospital yesterday after experiencing stomach pains and now he's undergoing surgery for a perforated ulcer. [NYT]
- Gladys Horton, who co-founded the Marvelettes, died yesterday in a L.A. nursing home at 66. She sang Motown Records first number one hit "Please Mr. Postman." [AP]
- A British university has made public letters that J.D. Salinger wrote to a friend in which he reveals Burger King is his favorite fast food joint. The N.Y. Times jokes, "Have It Your Way, Even if You're the Reclusive Author of What Some Would Argue Is the Greatest Novel of the 20th Century." [NYT]
- This story suggests Elton John and Joan Rivers may not be invited to the royal wedding because they didn't receive save the date faxes, but didn't those only go out to members of Europe's royal families? [E!]
- Here's a bizarre quote attributed to "two Australian hippies" having a conversation overheard by a New York magazine source in Tasmania: "I went to high school with Ben Lee. He is a devotee of [hugging guru] Amma, such a devotee that when she told him to break up with this girl and marry another one, he did it. It was Claire Danes. That's why they broke up." [N.Y. Mag]
- Snooki declared on a radio show, "I kind of wish me and Vinny didn't try and have sex because it was just drama this whole season ... And I don't know, it was just awkward between us and then I felt stupid...it's just embarrassing." [Us]
- Here's some fodder for your Paul Rudd fantasies. He says, "I'm absolutely unbeatable at Scrabble. That's it. That's my power. Able to use a triple word score at any given turn." [Independent]
- Brannon Braga, who produced many Star Trek films and series, says it's "a shame" that the franchise almost never featured gay character. He says, "I'm talking about the Next Generation, Deep Space Nine and there was a constant back and forth about well how do we portray the spectrum of sexuality. There were people who felt very strongly that we should be showing casually, you know, just two guys together in the background in Ten Forward. At the time the decision was made not to do that and I think those same people would make a different decision now..." [Hollywood Reporter]
It's weird. There's a whole bunch of "get better LiLo" sentiment around here, but then for Charlie Sheen it's all "haha, die!" Nice.
The thing I think is saddest about all of this is that the guy needs help - desperately - and yet there's this vibe that because he has continued to function on some level he's viewed as 'okay.' A functioning addict is still an addict. CBS basically said as much when asked about it.
We're all laughing it off like it's pretty funny or he's living the good life or it'll be amusing when he finally kills himself. That's disturbing.