- A new study says that women are more stressed than men. We really don't have time to be reading and writing about studies like this because we totally have a big Powerpoint presentation to get and we are, like, about to pull our hair okay? Gawd! [Feminist.org]
- Dressing like a hooker for Halloween isn't just for adult women like us - now your kids can get in on the action. Feministing points out a costume website where there's a "Major Flirt" costume (filed under the "Occupation" category) for little girl. It's never too early to be a cock tease! [Feministing]
- Breast cancer survivors are among a huge percentage of women who start their own business, most of which are focused on helping fellow patients in need. [NY Times]
- Marie Curie's daughter, journalist Eve Curie Labouisse, has died at the age of 102. [NY Times]
- There's some controversy surrounding Oprah's recent show where she revealed she has hyperthyroidism. Apparently the expert she had on the show to discuss the condition offered up a bunch of wellness suggestions but never actually told women who thought they might have it to go see, you know, a doctor. Whatever. Why go see a shrink when you can just watch Dr. Phil? [Salon]
- Double suck. Your obesity risk increases after menopause. [Science Daily]
- All-girls boarding schools are on the decline in the UK, but administrators and students are still gung ho for single sex education. Lesbians! Kidding. Sorta. [The Independent]
One year me & Hubby went as Bill and Monica. Had the blue dress that I shook a wet toothbrush on to recreate "DNA stain." He powdered hair and unzipped his pants and carried an outrageously large cigar. Love halloween. Regarding post, Why would anyone let their child dress up like a hooker? Or a tranny?