- Though we've already read the eulogy for SATC, Hollywood executives have decided to revive the franchise with a film based on Candace Bushnell's prequel book The Carrie Diaries. And if you believe some anonymous insider, Michael Patrick King wants Blake Lively to play Carrie Bradshaw. "There are no plans to bring SJP and the other girls back together in the old format," says the source. "The prequel is about breathing new life into the story and exploring Carrie's first few months in NYC and the beginning of her relationship with an older man." If Star Wars: Episodes I-III have taught us anything, it's that prequels are always an awesome idea! Now that Blake has been cast, it's time to start looking for someone to play the culturally insensitive Jar Jar Binks character. [Grazia]
- Christina Aguilera released a statement about flubbing the lyrics to the national anthem at the Super Bowl. "I got so caught up in the moment of the song that I lost my place," she says. "I can only hope that everyone could feel my love for this country and that the true spirit of its anthem still came through." [Rolling Stone]
- Supposedly Christina was "visibly upset" and flew home right after the performance. [E!]
- Fergie defended Xtina's performance saying, "You know what? It's such a huge venue, your nerves take a hold of you. I completely understand. She's one of the best singers of our time. Nobody can take that away from you... But you get nervous at these things. We're human." She added, in the understatement of the year, "Some of my notes were pitchy to me." [OMG]
- Shia LaBeouf was handcuffed during a bar brawl this weekend, but he's actually been pissing off patrons of that Sherman Oaks, CA bar for quite some time. "Every time Shia comes to the bar, he's a problem and it's starting to get old," says some barfly. [TMZ]
- Bummed about your weekend of errands and TV watching? Here's a shot of Eva Longoria making out with Penelope Cruz's brother Eduardo Cruz on a yacht that won't cheer you up at all. [Radar]
- Miley Cyrus spent her weekend cuddling with her co-star (and Amy Winehouse's ex) Josh Bowman. [Us]
- Charlie Sheen released a photo of himself watching the Super Bowl while drinking Gatorade in his former "porn room." Clearly these are the actions of a sober man. [TMZ]
- Prince Harry and ladyfriend Chelsy Davy are back on — just in time for an invite to the wedding to end all weddings! [CNN]
- The kid under the Darth Vader helmet in that awesome Volkswagen commercial was 6-year-old Max Page. Some interesting facts: Max was born with a congenital heart defect, has a pacemaker, and has never seen any of the Star Wars films. [People]
- Dr. Phil's former friend has shared photos of the injuries she sustained after his dog bit her. They actually look pretty mild, but I guess it's hard to spot millions of dollars of emotional damage with the naked eye. [Radar]
- Note to Ben Roethlisberger: Boozing past midnight at a piano bar isn't the recipe for Super Bowl success. [TMZ]
- A judge has granted Kelsey Grammer's request to have his divorce from Camille Grammer finalized and work out the financial details later. This clears the way for Kelsey to marry Kayte Walsh later this month. [Radar]
- Special message for our Junior Jezebels: Here's another photo of Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez canoodling on the beach. [Radar]
- Last night's post-Super Bowl show was Glee's the most-watched episode ever, with 27 million viewers up from its usual 11.6 million. Maybe they should've run an episode that was slightly less crappy. [N.Y. Mag]
- Julianne Moore says, "The only reason I got married in 2003 was for my children. I had a therapist who said marriage is really a container for a family and that made sense to me. Bart and I have been together for years. We have Caleb, 13, and our daughter Liv, who is eight." [Us]
- Even small children are pressuring Jennifer Aniston to have babies! Her 10-year-old Just Go With It co-star Griffin Gluck says, "Jennifer was really funny on set. She's really good with kids — she would always help us through the scenes if we got stuck. She's really good at parenting." [Us]
1. Good grief, why are still trying to make Mumbles McGee happen? It can't be because she's a skinny white blonde girl because there are plenty of them that actually have talent and personality, so why, pray tell, is Blake Lively?
2. Ah, XTina, don't let the haters get you down. Dig deep into the kick-ass girl you are in the studio if you have to because I want you to get back up and let 'em all know that you're here to stay.
2a. Kudos for my girl, Fergie, for taking up for Chrissy. Just another reason why I've always liked her (though I'm still not feeling her transformation into rock grrl).