Though Zack Snyder’s Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice is on track to break records at the box office, it’s currently being pummeled by film critics. On RottenTomatoes, where it has a 30 percent “fresh” rating, the consensus is that it’s a loud and bloated mess of a superhero blockbuster that isn’t even remotely fun to watch.
I’ve paired some of the critics’ most scathing burns with photos of Affleck during his recent promotional appearances, and he looks so very sad while reading them.
- Eric D. Snider, EricDSnider.com
- Chris Klimek, NPR
- Jonathan L. Fischer, Slate
- Joe Morgenstern, The Wall Street Journal
- Tim Grierson, The New Republic
- Alison Willmore, BuzzFeed
- Jen Yamato, The Daily Beast
- Mick LaSalle, SFGate
- A.O. Scott, The New York Times
- Matt Patches, Thrillist
Images via Getty.