- A new poll shows that 55 percent of Americans think Obama cares more about people like them. No, they didn't show anyone this picture first. [CNN]
- They also didn't show it to the white women surveyed by Rutgers University’s Center for American Women and Politics who helped show that Palin's nomination hasn't disrupted the traditional gender gap between Republicans and Democrats on a long-term basis. [Politico]
- And obviously no one showed it to the guy who accused Obama of treason at a Palin rally, because, really, even Norman Rockwell would throw up his hands and turn to abstract art if he saw this picture. [Huffington Post]
- But back to the whole accusing the other guy of your own missteps meme, Cindy McCain says that Obama has "waged the dirtiest campaign in American history." Riiiight. [Huffington Post]
- Fox News would like you to know that "facts are not irrefutable." Man, they really are just becoming the Ministry of Truth. [Huffington Post]
- The media would like you to know that they might get cussed out by Republicans at Palin rallies all the time, but it's much rarer that anyone uses racial slurs. Rare is good. It's just not as good as "not at all." [Politico]
- Oh, and if McCain would like to keep talking about Bill Ayers — and he does — he might want to check out the former lyncher and heroin trafficker, James Fowler, he used to be associated with. And then he might want to shut the fuck up. [The Anniston Star, via Andrew Sullivan]
- By the way, a federal judge ordered the release of 26 Chinese Uighurs from Gitmo because the evidence against them is unreliable and the government decided to hold onto them anyway. [Washington Post]
- Which is sort of the only good news because the Dow lost another 500 points today. [NY Times]
- Well, that and I'll be live-blogging tonight's Presidential debate. The thread starts at 7:30 ET, my liveblog starts just before 9:00 ET.
Jimmie Lee Jackson sounds like a great guy. PERFECT person for McCranky to be associated with. WTF.
Oh and Cindy McCain, where did you get your information from? Sarah Palin? The Ministry of Truth/FoxNews? Elizabeth Hasselallofus? I'm dying to know. Oh, just shut up.
Tonight, I will take a picture of minisparks touching the TV when Obama is talking. It's awesome.