- A.J. McLean of the Backstreet Boys has entered rehab for the third time. Sources say he's been "out of control" recently, and it's been interfering with plans for the band's tour with New Kids On The Block.
- He released the following statement: "With 2011 being a busy year for Backstreet, I want to be healthy and perform & sing for people at my very best and happiest. None of this will affect our current tour plans and I look forward to seeing everyone really soon!" [TMZ]
- Though Dawn Holland, the rehab staffer who Lindsay Lohan allegedly assaulted, said after giving police a statement that any further inquiries should be directed to her lawyer, officers showed up at her home this morning and tried to question her about the incident. [TMZ]
- The Riverside County district attorney's office wants to do another investigation before deciding if Lindsay should be charged for battery. [CBS News]
- Heidi Fleiss says people should leave Charlie Sheen alone and stop trying to make him go to rehab. "He is the highest paid actor on television — on a really popular show — and he always delivers by turning up on time and putting in great performances, and that's all that matters," she says. "There is no comparison with Lindsay Lohan because she is not functional and is an addict with a sickness — I should know because I've been to rehab several times too. It's not as if we see Charlie smoking a crack pipe or anything, the guy just loves to party, and people just don't seem to want to accept that." Oooookay, Heidi. [Radar]
- Sad news: Etta james is suffering from dementia and undergoing treatment for leukemia, according to court papers filed by her husband. [UPI]
- Some anonymous source says of Jake Gyllenhaal dumping Taylor Swift, "It was a 180-degree turn and so out of the blue. Jake just told her it wasn't working out...Taylor is really upset and hurt. She doesn't know what she did for him to put a stop to it. She feels really burned by him." [Us]
- Ugh, Star is so gross. The mag tracked down Teen Mom Jenelle Evans' estranged aunt and got her to call her dad, who hasn't contacted her in at least a decade. He had no idea she had a baby or a reality show, and the aunt reports, "He was shocked - there was total silence on the phone. He clearly was stunned by what's happened." [Star]
- A source claims Kelsey Grammer's marriage was over for years before he starting seeing Kayte Walsh. "[Camille] was all about money, money, money the entire time they were married," adds the source. "Kelsey had given up on love. His marriage was just like another business venture, but then he met Kayte and fell for her right away." [E!]
- Yikes. Camille Grammer has filed paperwork claiming that Kelsey is worth $120 million, and they have no prenup. [Radar]
- Usher postponed a concert in Berlin because he has a paranasal sinus infection. [E!]
- Kim Kardashian's man friend Kris Humphries won't appear on Kourtney & Kim Take New York because she "met him towards the end of filming." Or, because their relationship doesn't fit into that show's story line. [People]
- Kate Hudson's estranged father claims she's refusing to visit her dying grandmother. [Radar]
- Taylor Momsen says she feels "horrible" for implying her parents ruined her childhood. "I love my mom and dad. Maybe I didn't have the childhood people think you should have, but I still went through the ages," she says. "I was still a child. Maybe it wasn't a conventional one, but you know... I like where I am now, so it's OK. I think my parents have learned by this point that none of [what they read] is probably true, and words can be put in your mouth." [Us]
- Glee's Naya Rivera is in favor of Brittany and Santana reuniting: "At the end of the day, Brittany and Santana are always going to be best friends, and as far as what they are going to do with their relationship, it's up to writers, but I would love to represent because we know that there are tons of people who experience something like that and it's not comical for them in their lives-what they are going through that we are representing. So I hope that maybe we can shed some light on that." [E!]
1. Third time? I thought he only went to rehab once before, back when the rest of them went on TRL to announce that he had...
2. God, no! Why are you stealing our legends of soul from us?!!?!?!? First, you strike down Queen Aretha with cancer, then you take Queen Teena Marie away (on Christmas Day, no less), and now you're trying to rob us of Queen Etta, too?!?!?!?!? Keep it up and you'll be skating on thin ice,/i!
3. On the other hand, God, if you can kill no-talent Taylor Swift's sob-story career dead, you and me'll be good again.
4. Ah, Kelsey. Much as I loathe your Republican presence, I have to say that your take-down of the soon-to-be-former Mrs. Grammer is full of finesse. Asking Andy Cohen to roll tape and let her rip with barely a peep from you during taping is a thing of brilliance.
5. Man, forget Glee. I'm still waiting for Naya to claim L'il Richie as her 'daddy mack'.