Nick Viall — who was first runner up in the Bachelorette, a televised competition in which a group of men sit in a hot tub for four weeks, and whoever lasts the longest wins the honor of getting engaged to a friendly acquaintance — continues to mope around and talk about feelings. Poor Nick.
In an interview with E! News, he revisited his famed idea of "but why would you make love to me if you were not in love with me?" and insisted that more than just sex stuff had happened in the Fantasy Suite:
"I said fiancée-type stuff," Nick clarified. "I probably divulged enough information, so I won't get into too more detail now that I'm not caught up in the moment, but I mean it was a level of intimacy that was far beyond just the act of sex for me, which obviously was part of it."
"It was just very passionate, intimate, personal and emotional, just with the fact that an engagement was on the line, and that was understood by both of us and I was very clear about my feelings, and she was very clear about where she wanted this to go and I was very clear about where I thought it might be going," he said frankly. "I think that's kind of what I meant about it, in the situation."
WHAT IS FIANCÉE-TYPE STUFF? My theory is that he was thrusting around and chanting "I want to put a baby in you" for 5-10 minutes. (Video at the link.) [E!]
Will the Bieber-Bloom Bloodfeud ever cease to rain myriad delights upon our earth? (A: No, no it will not.) Here is the most recent update: according to a Spanish ex-journalist in attendance, Leonardo DiCaprio was looking on and "flipping out" with glee. Bless this brawl. [The Hollywood Gossip]
This clip of Arnold Schwarzenegger thanking his fans for the birthday wishes is a work of art. [HuffPo]
- 5 Seconds of Summer threw a jokey "Mexican party" for their new album and it as was racist as one would expect. I am officially Over them. [ONTD]
- Selena Gomez is in a new movie (feat. Mary-Louise Parker in a very bad wig) that has a 0% on Rotten Tomatoes. It is apparently "dangerously low on wit, charm or narrative logic." I HAVE TO SEE IT. [ONTD]
- Kelly Rowland is having a son! [Fox]
- Megan Fox says she would be an archaeologist if she weren't an actress. [ONTD]
- Jada Pinkett Smith is still being forced to talk about that dumb photo of Willow and that guy who played the very capitalistic child in Hannah Montana. Meh. [E!]
- CHAVRIL UPDATE!!!!!!! Chad got Avril a 17-karat diamond ring for the one year anniversary of when they joined their mellifluous voices in holy matrimony. [Gossip Cop]
- Lorde has been chosen to "curate" the soundtrack for the next Hunger Games movie, which I think just means "choose the songs for." In my dream world it is a conceptual curation and she just makes the soundtrack "Who Let The Dogs Out" 17 times in a row. [Cosmo]
- Audrina Patridge is maybe dating Chase Crawford???!!!????!!!! So much strangeness and beauty occurs on this little blue planet of ours. [Radar]
- Sam Smith loved Vin Diesel's cover of his song (because duh) and says he "definitely thinks" they should do a duet one day. [Capital FM]
- Emma Stone taught alleged sexual predator Woody Allen how to text. [Vanity Fair]
- Selena Gomez wore booty shorts, an act that many gossip sites are reading as a message to Justin Bieber (i.e., "kiss my ass."). The Hermeneutics of Butt. [E!]
- Karrueche Tran dumped Chris Brown. [TMZ]