Finally, after several days of chaos and confusion, someone has stared directly into the eye of the universe and intoned, "BUT WHAT DOES MARTHA STEWART THINK OF BLAKE LIVELY'S LIFESTYLE BLOG?" and the Universe has answered in full.
During the Atlantic City Food and Wine Festival in New Jersey, Stewart was asked what she thinks of Lively maybe becoming Martha 2.0. She responded, "Let her try." But no shade, says Martha Stewart: "I don't mean that facetiously!" she continued. "I mean, it's stupid, she could be an actress! Why would you want to be me if you could be an actress? I just did a movie yesterday, though — I can't even tell you about it — but I want to be Blake Lively."
Petition to make Martha Stewart and Blake Lively do a Freaky Friday-style body switch in real life — or, if science is not there yet, to at least have them make a film version of it. [HuffPo]
(Because this is a very slow news summer, several tabloids have fabricated a GIANT MARTHA STEWART/BLAKE LIVELY BEEF, which is a fun new angle, I guess. Some sample headlines: "'She should stick to acting': Martha Stewart calls Blake Lively's decision to become a lifestyle guru 'stupid'" and "Martha Stewart Calls Blake Lively's New Lifestyle Career 'Stupid'" aaaaaand "Is Martha Stewart Not Pleased With Comparisons Between Her and Ryan Reynold's Wife Blake Lively?")
Nicole Richie spoke to Oprah about being married to and parenting with her husband, Joel Madden: "We met and we were partners from day one. And from the second we found out we were going to parents together, we looked at each other and we said, 'Okay, both of our parents are divorced. We both have had ups and downs with our parents and we don't really have a strong example of what a healthy family life is. But, we're recognizing that now, so let's work at it and let's go through this together as a team.'" [E!]
Lea Michele is joining the cast of Sons of Anarchy for one episode. She will play a waitress and single mother named Gertie; now the show — which will also feature guest spots from Marilyn Manson and Courtney Love — has the most eclectic goddamn cast of all time. (I wonder if adding so many musicians means that there will be singing in this season? Probably.) [HuffPo]
- Audrina Patridge and her BMX biker boyfriend Corey Bohan have broken up. If, like me, you spent all of New Year's Day 2012 watching a pirated version Audrina's ill-fated eponymous Vh1 reality show, you will know that Corey sucks and is the worst. GOODBYE, COREY. [E!]
- Mark Ruffalo freaked out upon seeing Paul Rudd at Comic Con and it was very cute. [PopSugar]
- There is a dubious rumor floating around the Internet that Justin Bieber is jealous of Selena Gomez and Cara Delevingne being on a yacht together, which I liked a lot until it yielded these ghastly sentences: "Hot girl-on-girl action that would also piss off Bieber? We should be so lucky." [The Hollywood Gossip]
- In other Bieber news, that downy moustache is still lurking around upon his countenance. The TMZ URL keeping us updated about this fact ends in "justin-bieber-moustache-goatee-pubic-hair-tmz-tv/." [TMZ]
- Kendall Jenner said that her famous name did not help her fashion career; in fact, she says, it was detrimental. Maybe she thinks that everyone has an older sister who is close friends with Riccardo Tisci?? Idk, could be true of everyone in LA., a magical place I have only visited in the Kim Kardashian game. [People]
- The teaser for Lana del Rey's new video is out, and you will never guess what it's like. Ha ha, just kidding, it's Lana del Rey looking pensive in a wedding dress as seen through an Instagram filter. [ONTD]
- Joe Manganiello met Sofia Vergara's parents. [Hello]