WASHINGTON, DC - MARCH 14: Anna Wintour, editor-in-chief of Vogue magazine, arrives for a lunch hosted in honor of Prime Minister David Cameron at the State Department on March 14, 2012 in Washington, DC. Cameron is on an official visit to Washington, where President Obama will host him at a State Dinner tonight. (Photo by Brendan Hoffman/Getty Images)
I think I figured out that Anna Wintour wears a wig. Here are some reasons why:
- She can be relatively anonymous without it.
- She can own several and keep ordering the exact same ones rather than having to manage them.
- She never has to worry about styling, covering the greys or coloring her hair.
- The NYC debris, blustery winds and grit can't affect her wig much.
- It is "youthful" sort of.
- It is way too thick, heavy, healthy looking and consistent to be real hair.
- The signature style hides a lot with the bangs and shadows created by the bob.
- It must save her time.
- Maybe she's Jewish or she's bald for a kinky reason.