- Pete Doherty says he speaks to Amy Winehouse "almost every day." He says they are helping each other battle drugs and Amy's been clean since her husband, Blake Fielder-Civil, has been in prison. Uh, is this a good idea? [The Sun]
- Meanwhile, Amy's mom says of Blake, "Thank God he's gone [to jail]. Everyone else can see it. Amy chooses not to." Janis Winehouse also says Blake introduced Amy to drugs. Amy, listen to your mother! [Mirror]
- Dr. Jan Adams appeared on Larry King Live last night — only to tell Larry King that the family of Dr. Donda West had asked him not to go on. Dr. Adams shook King's hand and walked off the set. [TMZ]
- Meanwhile, Dr. Donda West's funeral was held yesterday in Oklahoma City, OK. Kanye West reportedly said he wanted his mother not to "rest in peace, but rest in paradise." [TMZ]
- Hospital staff at Cedars-Sinai in L.A. accidentally gave Dennis Quaid's newborn twins the wrong medication, and the babies are in the neo-natal intensive care unit. [TMZ]
- Heather Mills and her crazytown publicist Michele Elyzabeth are cutting off any news outlet that dares to make fun of Mills. Ooh, threats! [Page Six]
- Media mogul Mark Cuban may join forces with Mario Lopez to put together a celebrity martial arts program — where the stars "beat the heck" out of each other. Karate Chopping With The Stars? [Page Six]
- Terrence Howard will debut on Broadway as Brick in Cat On A Hot Tin Roof. Don't forget the baby wipes! [Gatecrasher]
- George Clooney sympathizes with Britney Spears: "You look at the footage of Britney running the red light - there's eight guys with cameras at night in the middle of the street. There are no rules now," he says. Also, Clooney was involved in a recent near-collision with paparazzi while riding his motorcycle in the Hollywood Hills. [People]
- A few days ago we heard that powerhouse producer Timbaland was expecting a baby, but wasn't in "a couple" with the mother. Guess what? The baby's been born (it's a girl) and Timbaland is engaged. That was quick! [People]
- Actress Rebecca Romijn and hubby Jerrry O'Connell adopted a German Shepherd puppy from a rescue organization — and had to euthanize him one week later. They claim he had a terminal case of pneumonia; the rescue organization says they should have had a chance to nurse the dog back to health. [E!]
- Jonathan Rhys Meyers' mother has died, days after he was arrested in Ireland. She had been "suffering from a short illness." Maybe that's why JRM turned to booze? [BBC News]
- Madonna's daughter Lourdes may appear in the next Harry Potter movie. No eyebrow jokes! [The Sun]
- Tiger Woods has bulldozed his $47 million Florida waterfront estate to make way for a "mega home." The new mansion will be 10,000 square feet, have three bedrooms, a master suite, wine cellar, cinema and games area, boat house, golf training studio, three car garage, guest house, tennis court, gym, pool, lap lane, boat docks and small golf course. Our tiny apartment just got smaller. [Telegraph]
Re Terence Howard - playing a repressed gay man who takes out his anger on the woman who loves him. How perfectly cast.
Re the Quaid twins - Horrifying news! I hope they pull through alright. That's Cedars' reputation in the crapper, eh?
Re Jon Rhys Myers - I thought he was brought up in an orphanage or a foster home or something? I wonder how tight he was with his moms.