- Amy Winehouse and Blake Fielder-Civil "were involved in a violent row which left them both bloodied and bruised."Amy says,"Blake is the best man in the world. We would never ever harm each other... I was cutting myself after he found me in our room about to do drugs with a call girl and rightly said I wasn't good enough for him. I lost it and he saved my life." [Daily Mail]
- One possible reason Amy is bloody? She injects heroin in between her toes. Blech. [The Sun]
- You may have heard? Nicole Richie went to jail last night. She was there for 82 minutes. [TMZ]
- Lindsay Lohan: "I am addicted to alcohol and drugs." Admitting you have a problem is the first step! And then there are like, 11 more, we think. [TMZ]
- Kirsten Dunst's hotel suite was robbed! Thieves got a $13,000 handbag, $2500 in cash, digital cameras, cell phone and an iPod. The burglars were caught on a surveillance camera and some of the items have been recovered. The idea of a $13,000 purse makes our head hurt, by the way. [Yahoo! News]
- The fake feud between Kanye West and 50 Cent is over — they had vodka shots together Wednesday night at the 40/40 Club with Jay-Z and Diddy.Like we said before, as long as no one's getting shot! [Page Six]
- Forest fires in Sun Valley, Idaho, threaten the vacation homes of celebs like Teresa Heinz and John Kerry, Tom Hanks, Demi Moore and Ashton Kutcher. Hard to feel bad for people with 2nd homes. [Page Six]
- Former Jane staffers are pissed that their readers are getting Glamour. Plus, a former Jane editor who was up for a job at Glamour was told her stories needed to be "dumbed down." [Page Six]
- Tammy Lynn Michaels (Melissa Etheridge's wife) is not a fan of President Bush or Karl Rove. She calls W "an idiotic, parasitical, country-raping piece of [bleep]" on her blog. [Page Six]
- Blind item! "Which rapper - and it's not Diddy - has exaggerated his hardscrabble childhood to help build his reputation? In fact, he had a middle-class upbringing and his mom wasn't as bad as he rhymes." [Page Six]
,"Blake is the best man in the world. We would never ever harm each other... I was cutting myself after he found me in our room about to do drugs with a call girl and rightly said I wasn't good enough for him. I lost it and he saved my life."
Maybe it's because I spent my entire adult life in an abusive relationship, but this quote does not settle right with me. Probably because I've said the same kind of things after just having been smacked around, as if it were my fault or something. (Not that I think she's not dishing it out to Blake as well - clearly she is - but that quote hit a little close to home for me.)
Out of all of the young, famous trainwrecks in the media these days, Amy Winehouse is the one that upsets me the most. Partially it's because she's so talented, but also because she seems to be following a checklist of self-destructive behaviors. Drug addictions? Check. Cutting? Check. Horrid tattoos all over her body? Check. Massive weight loss? Check. Abusive relationship? Check. I'm waiting for her to show up with a forked tongue one of these days.