During a Saturday night production of Hamilton, Amy Schumer—presumably inspired by the spirit of democracy—left a $1,000 tip for a group of six bartenders at the Richard Rodgers theater. The original bill was only $77.
“I was very touched, it was just something so generous and so kind that you don’t see every day,” bartender Madeleine DeJohn told the New York Daily News.
According to DeJohn, Schumer, with the tip, told the bartenders, “I’ve been there, I get it.”
The actress/comedian has a nice habit of tipping generously. On a previous $40 bill, DeJohn says Schumer left $80. Previously, she gave a Long Island waiter $1,000 on a $49 bill.
Caprea’s Essential Organic PH Cleanser is just $10 with promo code TEN. Normally $19, this foaming face wash is crafted with organic Monoi oil. It’s meant to target the production of oil secretion while protecting your skin against air pollution. Normally $19, you can save big on this richly-lathering face wash while supporting a brand that keeps the environment top of mind.
Meanwhile, I once again lost the Hamilton lottery and am comforting myself with the memory of the time I got tipped 16% by John Leguizamo.
How much would I have to pay you to get in the middle of this Justin Bieber/Marilyn Manson sandwich?
Okay, now how much would I have to pay you to hang out with Mindy Kaling and Olivia Munn SPECIFICALLY while they brag about eating onion rings? [ONTD]
- Kim Kardashian tweeted a tribute to Mini Kim Kardashian, Kim Tripp. [TMZ]
- Ariel Winter on her emancipation from her mother: “It’s been much better for me emotionally and physically to be on my own and have a better, safe household and support system.” [Page Six]
- Uh-oh, Adam Levine spoke to a woman who’s not his wife so he must be a cheater. [Radar]
- Chris Martin says he was depressed a full year after his divorce from Gwyneth Paltrow. Honestly, Chris? So was I. [Page Six]
- Like Twitter, but more important, The Real Housewives of Orange County turns 10 today! [E! News]
Images via Instagram.