We haven't heard much from Amanda Bynes lately, but early this morning she crashed back into the news by getting busted for a DUI. Bynes, who's looking fairly composed in her mugshot and seems to be sporting the pale pink dye job that's all the rage right now, was arrested in West Hollywood after she did the dumbest possible thing you can do while driving drunk. She hit a police car. Oh, no, Amanda!
Number one rule of driving drunk is, well, to never drive drunk. But the number two rule is to never, ever, ever go near a cop car. Fortunately, it was just a minor scrape, and nobody was injured because of her poor judgment. She's been released from jail, but she's not made any comment. A DUI is practically a rite of passage for grown-up child stars, but let's hope this is a one time thing and not a sign that she's traveling down the sad road to being one of those child stars. [TMZ, Reuters]
Mark Ruffalo has so many things to offer the world, but apparently a giant man package is not one of them. In talking about his experience filming The Avengers, he said they put him in a skin-tight motion capture suit, and he wasn't too thrilled with the results:
That was my first day [on set] and that was a miserable day. It was smoky, it was hell and I felt really uncomfortable. I'm not well-endowed, and those suits don't really show you off in the most [flattering way].
Poor Mark, but he is playing the Incredible Hulk. So he'll probably look a lot more substantial, shall we say, once the CGI gets done. [Us]
Okay, this is just bizarre. Katy Perry says she was going to have a small role in The Help, but she ended up not being able to do it because of her touring schedule. On the one hand, she kind of would have fit in as one of those girls at bridge club, but on the other hand wouldn't it have been totally distracting to have a huge pop star dressed up and sitting in the living room with the rest of the "housewives"? Not that there weren't plenty of other totally distracting things in that movie. [E!]
Ever wonder how Kate Middleton feels about people constantly speculating about her uterine contents? Well, a source "close" to her spoke to Us about the Princess's feelings:
The constant rumors about Kate being pregnant, or not being pregnant, make her feel uncomfortable. Seeing stories that talk about her health is really hurtful. It's difficult to just ignore them.
Oh, whatever. She's probably just being extra sensitive because she's all hormonal from being pregnant with sextuplets. [Us]
Jersey Shore's Pauly D is working on making his music career happen while his attempts are chronicled on his show, The Pauly D Project. So far, he's fine with being followed around all the time:
I'm addicted to the cameras now. It's almost as if I expect them to be outside now. There are times you wish you had a certain amount of anonymity, but in the end, the good outweighs the bad. Believe me when I say that.
Huh. Approximately how many years from now do you think reality stars will be going to rehab to recover from camera addictions? [MTV]
- Speaking of Jersey Shore and rehab, The Situation issued a statement saying he's home, doing well, and is grateful for the support of his fans. This time he was smart enough to do it on Sitch News, his own gossip site, instead of Facebook. [Sitch News]
- Well, you can finally kill that last shred of remaining hope you had that Heidi Klum and Seal would work it out and get back together. Heidi just officially filed for divorce in LA, citing "irreconcilable differences." They signed a post-nup (ooh, tricky), so there are no assets to divide. But Heidi's asking for primary custody of their four kids, with Seal getting visitation rights. [TMZ]
- It's a slow news day today, which means that this photo of increasingly pregnant actress Reese Witherspoon in a bathing suit is one of the main things being buzzed about in the gossip world right now. She's on a beach in Costa Rica, which seems like an awfully far way to travel just to get a shot of her in a bathing suit. I mean, she looks great and all, but we don't really care that much. Unless this was just a way for the photographer to be able to write off a vacation to Costa Rica on his taxes, in which case, carry on. [E!]
- Britney Spears may not be marrying her fiancé, Jason Trawick, just yet, but he will soon become her legal guardian anyway. Apparently, a petition has been filed to make Jason one of Brit's co-conservators, meaning he will help control her financial matters, etc. Her dad, Jamie Spears, is already her conservator, and he is is said to be "thrilled" that Jason will also be looking after Britney. [TMZ]
- After signing a new long-term contract, Matt Lauer confirmed that he's in it for keeps to viewers on the Today Show this morning. And, in typical Matt fashion, he couldn't resist making a joke about his hair: "Truth be told. I was developing an idea for a new show, where viewers could tune in every morning and see someone they know lose a little more of his hair every single day right in front of their eyes. But then I thought, I could just stay here and do that." Hardee har har. [Yahoo!]
- Here is a TMZ headline, presented without comment: "KIM KARDASHIAN: Is That a Hickey ... or Psoriasis?" [TMZ]
- Whoopsie. It looks like Alyson Hannigan might have accidentally revealed that the child she's expecting with her husband, Alexis Denisof, is a girl. She was on Rachael Ray's show and said of the baby, "The other night, she — this, you know." Oh, yeah, we know. [HuffPo]
- It's due out in November 2013, and things are "catching fire" for Catching Fire, the Hunger Games sequel. (Groan.) Jennifer Lawrence had been deaing with a scheduling conflict with the X-Men: First Class sequel. (X-Men: Second Class?), but that's been resolved so now she's good to go. Unfortunately, the same can't be said for the film's director Gary Ross. He's announced he's not going to direct the sequel. He's said there's another project he'd rather direct for which he'll make more money. Too bad, but they'll no doubt be able to find somebody somewhere in Hollywood willing to direct what will surely be another blockbuster. [E!, HuffPo]
- Listen, Jennifer Lopez's twins are really cute, but she took them to see the Easter Bunny while she was wearing some very questionable sweatpants. Peace [E!]
- Lance Bass has already figured out what he's getting Justin Timberlake for his wedding to Jessica Biel this summer: a toaster. But not just any toaster, one with a Mickey Mouse emblem on it to commemorate Justin's days as a Mouseketeer. It will no doubt be one of J & J's prized possessions. [Us]
- George Clooney's girlfriend Stacy Keibler painted her toenails blue for charity! (See previous mention of slow news day.) [Us]
- It seems like Pauley Perrette from NCIS is having a little drama off screen. The LAPD said that her ex-husband, Francis Shiver, was booked for violating a restraining order. They wouldn't say whether she was the one who took out the restraining order or what happened, but he's known for posting legal documents and negative things about her online. So it certainly seems highly likely this latest incident involved her. [E!]