Christmas queen Mariah Carey has reportedly disinvited estranged husband Nick Cannon from their annual family holiday celebration after their separation took a stressful turn and her anxiety was compounded by a recent slew of bad press.
"The original plan had been for the whole family to spend Christmas together in Colorado. However, Mariah has now asked Nick not to come," a source tells E!:
"It's based on a few things," the source explained. "For starters, they spent Thanksgiving together and fought behind the scenes. How is it healthy for the kids if both parents are technically in the same place but fighting?"
Our insider added that Carey is also feeling particular sensitive over the recent criticism over her Rockefeller Center Christmas tree lighting performance and some of the stops on the Asian leg of her Elusive Chanteuse World Tour.
"She holds him partially responsible for the bad press her recent performances have gotten," the source said. "She's been so stressed over the split—with the fighting and crying—it's definitely affected her state of mind, her head, her voice and her stage presence. It's rattled her."
The source adds that Cannon—like an unwelcome Santa Claus—might insist on coming to Colorado anyway: "If they do end up spending Christmas together, it will most likely be their last. It's getting too hard for [Mariah]."
What more can she doooooooo?
Speaking of winter enthusiasts, "All About the Bass" singer Meghan Trainor has revealed her favorite holiday snack: ""I'll sometimes go outside and eat snow. I like its cold texture. I'm obsessed with it...If I'm really crazy about it, I'll mix it with some orange juice and think to myself: 'Now that's a party!' I like cold things in general."
'k, girl. [ONTD]
New parents Ryan Gosling and Eva Mendes are, according to OK! Magazine, barely on speaking terms with Mendes refusing "to fly to Atlanta with their young daughter to spend time with Ryan [who is on location, filming The Nice Guys]. An insider told OK!, 'So instead of coming home every night to them, he's jetting back and forth just so he can see his daughter.'" [Celebitchy]
- Never forget: "Candy"-era Mandy Moore [US Weekly]
- Prolific gaymen Andy Cohen and Anderson Cooper were once set up on a date, but felt zero spark. [Page Six]
- Rihanna went modern with this year's Christmas tree selection. [E!]
- Kendall Jenner is probably dating Chris Brown and love couldn't happen to two nicer seeming people! [Bossip]
- Here's The Weeknd's contribution to the Fifty Shades of Grey soundtrack.
- Igloo Australia would like to thank Will.i.am for the support. [NYDN]
- Lupe Fiasco dressed in a KKK hood ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ [Bossip]
- Kevin Hart and Josh Gad ruined a wedding. [NYDN]
- E! really wants you to want to fuck Taylor Swift's brother. [E!]
Images via Getty.