- In the weakest blind item ever, the NY Daily News' Ben Widdicombe asks which designer's recent stint in "rehab" also masked (hah!) a cosmetic surgery and recovery. WHO could it be? And, uh, for what? A facelift? Calf implants? Labiaplasty?? Photo scrutiny-fest to come. [Gatecrasher]
- In totally unrelated news, 'Page Six' reminds readers that Marc Jacobs just got out of rehab. And oh yeah, he's getting back together with his douchey boyfriend, whose initials he now has tattooed above his belly button. [Page Six]
- Remember how Barbra Streisand and Katharine Hepburn tied for Best Actress at the 1969 Oscars? (We know you weren't born a day before 1980, homos, it's a figure of speech!) Anyway, it was sort of like that at the Oscars of Fashion last night, wherein an industry vet and a pair of tenacious up-and-comers (Oscar de la Renta and Proenza Schouler's Jack McCollough and Lazaro Hernandez) tied for Womenswear Designer Of The Year for a second year in a row. [AP via Washington Post]
- The rise of the minimum wage is creating a rise in anxiety for teen clothing retailers, a business predicated on the idea that if you hire slutty-looking, inexperienced high school kids to hawk your wares, you can make up for the amount of shit they let their friends steal by paying them practically nothing. WTF, federal government? Can we, like, vote on this? [WWD, sub req'd]
- In the weirdest revenge tale we've heard of late, French Sole shoe designer Jane Winkworth names her designs after people she hates, shuffling the letters of their names around. We hope to see ZELBEEJ on someone's feet soon: Anyone that crazy probably hates a lot of people, and also, probably designs pretty nice stuff. [Vogue UK]
I don't think Marc looks schlubby at all in that "before" photo.
I think he's always been a bit lean in build... and I think he looks really hot with longer hair, and have since I saw him walking down the street in NYC as an up-and-comer before he officially got his fashion mojo and worldwide recognition.
No schlub vibe with MJ at all. Don't even go there (re: Seth Rogan comparison. NO CONTEST.) Dude exudes sexiness. Whatever his "persuasion."
p.s. Granted he loses a bit of this as his follicles shorten. But the earrings scream "I'm no Tony Perkins."