As previously mentioned, in a time when publications are shutting down left and right, there's a new kid on the newsstand: The Most!, a gossip rag from the peeps at Vibe. We checked it out… and we learned a lot!
1. Where else will you learn that Ice Cube shops? And "today was a good day" is the best caption ever. He didn't have to use his AK at the grocery store. Phew.
2. Dave Chappelle's kid looks like a tiny, part-Asian Dave Chappelle. Who knew?
3. There is nothing wrong with eye candy.
4. In In Touch, Serena Williams in a bikini was on the "They Could Use A Little Work" page. Here, she's celebrated as being "built for contact." As it should be.
5. Believe-it-or-not stories are always awesome and stranger than fiction.
6. "Dope or Nope" is our new favorite game.
7. Houston — who had a hit song in 2004 called "I Like That" — gouged out his own eye in 2005; may or may not have gone to a mental hospital in 2008 and is currently "on medication." Plus: Updates on R&B stars of the '90s, like the ladies of SWV, Adina "Freak Like Me" Howard and the guys from Next.
8. When your magazine brands itself as "the definitive voice of urban culture," book selections will include a story about a stripper; a novel detailing a "secret sorority" in which ladies have nicknames like "Ride Em High" and "Lick Em"; a "Vixen Manual" and the Sex Games Bible. Who needs Oprah's book club?
Earlier: New Kid On The Newsstand