While she's been a lightning rod for claims of both feminism and anti-feminism (particularly since announcing her Mrs. Carter World Tour), Beyoncé has tended in the past to steer clear of the F-word that's put so many female celebrities in the hot seat. Until now, at least. Bey tells Vogue UK in a cover interview for the April 2013 issue that she's a feminist—but not without a disclaimer.
"I feel like Mrs Carter is who I am, but more bold and more fearless than I've ever been. It comes from knowing my purpose and really meeting myself once I saw my child. I was like, 'OK, this is what you were born to do'. The purpose of my body became completely different."
"I guess I am a modern-day feminist. I do believe in equality. Why do you have to choose what type of woman you are? Why do you have to label yourself anything? I'm just a woman and I love being a woman… I do believe in equality and that we have a way to go and it's something that's pushed aside and something that we have been conditioned to accept."
Glee star (and former Bey backup dancer!) Heather Morris is pregnant with her first child. She's three months along already, and the father is her high school sweetheart Taylor Hubbell. It was "totally unexpected." [Us Weekly]
Elmo puppeteer "Tickle Me" Kevin Clash has been slammed with a fifth underage sex lawsuit by a now-25-year-old man who claims to have met Clash on a "gay telephone chat line" in 2004, when he was just 16.
According to the suit, Clash invited the boy to come over, sent a luxury car to pick him up, and once he arrived, plied him with "alcohol and groomed him with attention and affection" until the two engaged in sexual contact. The boy didn't come forward until now, say lawyers, because he wasn't immediately aware of the mental, psychological and emotional trauma of the experience. [NYDN]
Three years since the birth of Kate Hudson and Matt Bellamy's son Bingham Hawn Bellamy, Hudson told Elle that they got tapas or whatever like twice and then she got knocked up by accident.
"It was all very old-fashioned and proper and we went on lovely dates, but two months later I was pregnant... I knew it would take a strong man to deal with it. You know that with a relationship things can go either way when you have a child. Everything becomes a big decision. He was there and that was that, but things happen for a reason."
Rebecca Hall, best known for being the one who wasn't Scarlett Johansson in Vicky Cristina Barcelona, has been dating Sam Mendes since his split with Kate Winslet (and, some suspect, before they separated).
Hall doesn't discuss their relationship: "It's what happens when you start going out with a famous person and are a bit famous yourself, I guess. It's their problem though. Everyone can be interested but I'm still not going to talk about it." However, back when the still-married Mendes cast Hall in two of his plays after meeting her on the set of Starter For Ten, Winslet was supposedly "infuriated." [Daily Mail]
This one time, Ke$ha.
"Me and Johnny Depp had eyeball sex at the benefit concert for Superstorm Sandy in Los Angeles. We never really talked - we just had eyeball sex."
- Justin Bieber's recent troubles may stem from his Selena Gomez breakup. [TMZ]
- Lindsay Lohan wears a bikini, reveals hella bruises. [TMZ]
- "Tanning Mom" Patricia Krentcil agrees with the new law instituted by Chris Christie that prohibits anyone under 17 from hitting a tanning salon without parental approval. [TMZ]
- This picture of Jack and Shaq. (Nicholson and O'Neal.) [Express]
- Jane Henson, widow (and business partner) of the late Muppets creator Jim Henson, has passed away at 78. [CNN]
- Will Arnett joins the cast of Teenaage Mutant Ninja Turtles. [Vulture]
- Tom Cruise wants to go into space. (In spirit, buddy, you already live there.) [Belfast Telegraph]
- Hilary Duff will appear as a love interest for Ashton Kutcher on that Two and A Half Men episode you're totally gonna watch. [Us Weekly]
- This is Holly Madison and her newborn daugher Rainbow Aurora (guhhh). [Us Weekly]
- Tom Hanks reflects on the life of his friend Nora Ephron after his first Broadway performance in Lucky Guy. [Page Six]
- Matt Damon and Luciana Baroso are set to renew their wedding vows in St. Lucia. Stars are just like us! [Page Six]
- Jimmy Fallon's extended his NBC contract and gives credence to the rumors that he'll be taking over Jay Leno's job. [NYT]
- Matt Lauer's slammed by Southampton offiicals for trying to expand his 40-acre horse farm. [Page Six]
- Porn god/American treasure Ron Jeremy's back to work after his health scare. [CNN]
- Jay-Z's launched Roc Nation Sports. [Page Six]
- Roger Ebert's cancer returns, he takes some time off writing to battle it. [TODAY]
- Janelle Monae covers next month's Essence. [The Life Files]
- After a motorcycle accident, subsequent leg amputation and eight months of recovery, Wynonna Judd's husband Cactus Moser walked to her. [NYDN]
- Nicki Minaj truthbombs. "I am lyrically better than most of the male rappers out there - yes, I'm gonna say it. I don't get the credit that I deserve." [Missinfo.tv]
- Jon Hamm's penis is out. Still. [D-Listed]